Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone advise on cool/smart jeans for a size 16(ish!) extreme pear shape

(6 Posts)
WhoahThere Mon 12-Sep-11 23:13:26

As per the title really! Have never really had jeans that fitted well and I'm willing to spend what I need to. I'm 5ft 7, size 16 at least on the bottom half with enormous arse (very full and sticky outy) and massive thighs. It's not a good look! Jeans I have fitted into in the past are French Connection, Oasis and Uniqlo, all boot cut. Does anyone know anything about Levi's Curve?

I'm hoping an expert out there will take pity and advise, as I desperately need to start sorting my wardrobe out, am coming to the end of maternity leave and really want to up my game a bit!

GertieGuineaPig Tue 13-Sep-11 14:06:11

bumping

JustAnother Tue 13-Sep-11 14:12:16

it depends on your budget, of course, but if you are willing to spend ££, I would recommend going to a place like Donnaida and ask them for advise for your bodyshape. I don't know whether this shop exist outside London, so apologise if it doesn't. I went last week and I am SO happy with my purchase.
Otherwise, the Levi Curves ones are quite good. I was fitted for a pair in the store in Regent Street and they are great as well. I went at 12 o'clock on a Sunday, when the store had just opened and had an assistant all for myself for about 1/2 hour. He measured me and got about 10 pairs out, until he found one he (and I) were happy with. I was impressed!

SnakeOnCrack Tue 13-Sep-11 14:26:08

For cheaper ones, surprisingly, Dorothy Perkins have quite nice fitting jeans for those with a larger derriere.

WhoahThere Tue 13-Sep-11 22:07:34

Thanks chaps - JustAnother, what measurements did they take? Not sure I could cope with that as I'd be very concerned about being off the scale and horrifically embarrassed!! Just looked and they are just in London but I'll be there in the next couple of weeks, so might have to man up and brave it!

I shall also visit Dotty P's,

WhoahThere Tue 13-Sep-11 22:07:58

whoops clicked that before I meant to, was going to say that I found them good for maternity stuff too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now