Talk

Advanced search

dd's feet. always a challenge. age 9 size 4.5, and i need to find boots for school.

(7 Posts)
piratecat Mon 12-Sep-11 21:27:44

We have always had Clarks, last year she was a 2.5. Most of the junior boots don't go as high as a 4.5, and the ones they had in store were too stiff. wt heckety heck am i going to find her. Nowt online either.

Thinking we have to venture into the ladies section, but the prices and style aren't good for a skinny big footed 9 yr old!!

She can't have school shoes as she has strange feet, flat ones the toe in.

every year we have this, but it's worse now becuase her feet have only gone and grown!!!!

herecomesthsun Tue 13-Sep-11 01:52:50

You know you can order Clarks online and deliver tostore to try on for kids, in a small range of styles and sizes? So you aren't limited to the ones they had in store? Startrite here and they also have an opion to order on line (though I haven't tried it myself)

If you buy Clarks adult there are 20% codes about, see elsewhere in style and beauty

TracyK Tue 13-Sep-11 07:49:38

Ebay?

TinyWeeTeethGreatBigBite Tue 13-Sep-11 08:06:22

I have no advice as have yet to reach this stage but I'm taking notes as my dd, age six has size 2 feet.

My mum had a problem getting my dd shoes in Clarks due to the width of DDs feet. Which was a bummer as we get a discount in there.

popcal Tue 13-Sep-11 12:42:03

I have the same problem with my dd. She's 7 and in size 4. She has Ricosta shoes at the moment which were a bargain from Amazon. Worth having a look on there as they do free returns!

piratecat Tue 13-Sep-11 12:54:31

hi thanks all.

I was spurned to do this thread after looking online at Clarks, there is ONE boot, and they had that one instore and it didn't fit, because of dd's funny right foot, it's a weird shape.

No startrite outlets anywhere within 70 miles of here, (countryside) even tho that encompasses 4 towns. Debenhams don't stock them near me anymore, and Jones the Bootmaker had nothing.

I am always keeping an eye on ebay. The style she's had from Clarks over the last 4 years ( they just vary it slightly each time) doesn't go to her size anymore. She's in Clarks trainers atm for achool. i had to go in and say thats all we can find so far.

Sooooooooo many leather boots on the continent, esp Spain where family live. grrr. will try Riscosta. thanks x

piratecat Tue 13-Sep-11 13:04:42

also had a look at the womens selection, and despite the 20% off there's nothing there suitable ie plain enough for school. thanks for the idea tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now