Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a BRAZILIAN BLOWDRY?

(11 Posts)
redglow Mon 12-Sep-11 21:21:53

Booked in to have one on Friday. Due to lack of money thinking of cancelling has anyone had one are they any good?

spinaltap Mon 12-Sep-11 21:27:49

Does a Brazilian need blow-drying our am I missing something? smile

spinaltap Mon 12-Sep-11 21:28:54

*or

(Damn you autocorrect!)

HellonHeels Mon 12-Sep-11 21:41:55

How much are you paying? I paid £60 in a salon in Ealing (London) for shoulder length hair. There are Groupon deals quite often for it which are usually about that rate.

I have had it done a couple of times and the results are really good. It doesn't last long on me because I swim a lot and wash my hair almost every day. If you can wash hair every three days it will last well.

You will get smooth, de-frizzed hair that will be much easier to dry smooth or straight. You probably won't get poker straight hair but the result will look good and need minimum straightening.

PJFanClub Mon 12-Sep-11 23:22:29

Yes, I had it done in April. It was brilliant for the first 6 weeks or so but by 2-3 months the results had worn off. I wash it every other day and my hair felt in worse condition after so I probably wouldn't have it done again.

Aside from the cost, it takes a long time and I wouldn't want to sit in the hairdressers for that amount of time on a regular basis.

I'm now using Philip Kingley's Minimiser which is great.

Angel786 Tue 13-Sep-11 12:25:58

I also bought one on groupon or living social but not had it yet so interested to hear how it goes!

Angel786 Tue 13-Sep-11 12:26:27

Ps pj did you use the special shampoo they recommend?

redglow Tue 13-Sep-11 22:10:35

I am paying £130 might have a look at groupon, see if I can get it cheeper.

yellowkiwi Tue 13-Sep-11 22:13:23

It didn't really work that well on my hair and wasn't really worth the expense.

TrillianAstra Tue 13-Sep-11 22:19:42

<snurk>

That's all.

hangon Wed 14-Sep-11 20:03:58

Hi once you have had one do you blow dry it straight again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now