Talk

Advanced search

Home Hair Dye Kits - which is the best?

(2 Posts)
HandMini Mon 12-Sep-11 21:06:37

I am low on time (three month old baby) and money (eking maternity pay out), so the days of spending three hours at the hairdressers having foil highlights are over! I would therefore like to try a home kit.

I have mousey brown hair naturally and usually have caramel / honey / blond highlights (I know, very conservative and boring).

Any hints and tips for the best brand to use? What's that one that Cheryl Cole's always mane-tossing on TV for? I know that I won't be able to really "create" highlights, so I guess I need an "all over" job?

DoesItWearingWellies Mon 12-Sep-11 22:03:50

I use Nice n Easy and it has (so far) never let me down. Fairly easy to use too, just mix the colour and developer together, put it in your hair, leave it for the time stated and then wash it out.

It doesn't drip so you can get on with other things whilst you're waiting for it to develop and it's fairly forgiving if you leave it in for 5 minutes longer than you're supposed to (at least for the darker shades - I've had no experience of the blonde shades).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now