Talk

Advanced search

What would you wear with this dress?

(11 Posts)
ellangirl Mon 12-Sep-11 15:32:31

I want to try more dresses this shape as I think they suit me, but to wear it more casually, what would you put it with? I don't have any need to wear it for work etc, so court shoes would look OTT for everyday.
TIA!

ellangirl Mon 12-Sep-11 15:33:05

Would help if i linked of course... here

overmydeadbody Mon 12-Sep-11 16:16:24

tights and boots once the weather gets colder I recon

Shoe boots maybe? court shoes would look wrong I agree

OldBagWantsNewBag Mon 12-Sep-11 16:18:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goatinacoat Mon 12-Sep-11 16:36:25

Def boots if you want to dress it down a bit. And maybe some contrasting accessories.

I think the block colour is quite dressy itself though (iyswim), I think I'd maybe go for something with a slight pattern to look a bit more casual.

ellangirl Mon 12-Sep-11 18:00:10

Thanks everyone. I haven't seen it IRL oldbag, I don't have any DP dresses, and no I agree I'm not mad about the cuffs, it just looks the right shape for me and like I'd have enough room for my ample norks!

I know what you mean goatinacoat, it's just i haven't seen anything else that i like the shape of- most have empire lines which are too high, or don't have a tie back, and I need that because my waist is the best bit and I'm not mad keen on waist belts.

Anyone seen any other nice jersey dresses??

carlywurly Tue 13-Sep-11 20:04:49

Have a look at French Connection. I now have 3 of their jersey dresses and honestly have never had so many compliments in my life. They are so flattering and lovely to wear. And they're often cheaper on ebay too, btw.

tethersend Tue 13-Sep-11 20:42:41

Have a look at pearl lowe at peacocks

ellangirl Tue 13-Sep-11 22:12:59

Thanks curly and tethers, will check out both of those.

ellangirl Tue 13-Sep-11 22:13:12

or carly in fact!

TrillianAstra Tue 13-Sep-11 22:21:33

Ooh, love it.

Except I have this dress so I can't really get your dress. That one is lovely by the way, heavier material than DP is usually and lots of material in the skirt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now