Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find a handbag ? V specific criteria I'm afraid...

(8 Posts)
CMOTdibbler Mon 12-Sep-11 11:24:53

Cos one of my arms doesn't work properly. For the last year I've been using a vile canvas crossbody bag for casual (v practical as it has lots of pockets, so I can zip my purse into the centre bit and leave tissues/lipsyl/change etc in the other pockets so I can dip in and out), and a long strapped bag for work which I don't like as everything is in together and it tends to tip out.

Now I accept that this will be ongoing, so I need a handbag that looks nice, but it practical.

It needs to have a long strap, preferably able to go across body so its stable and I can just put my hand straight into it, multiple internal and external pockets, big enough in the main compartment for purse and book, fastenings need to be popper or zip (no buckles or tricky fastenings to do one handed). um, and look smart enough for work. So easy really grin

madammecholet Mon 12-Sep-11 12:05:54

Some here which may work:

asos

Fossil

Modalu

JL

MrsBradleyCooper Mon 12-Sep-11 12:11:00

What is your budget?

My initial thought was the Mulberry Antony but it's £300......

I'm sure Radley do some in that sort of style.

MrsBradleyCooper Mon 12-Sep-11 12:13:19

Radley?

They have quite a lot in the crossbody style.

piprabbit Mon 12-Sep-11 12:31:50

Something like this?
Or this?
Lots of internal compartments

CMOTdibbler Mon 12-Sep-11 12:45:44

The JL is def the nearest to what I want/need, just not keen on the small front pockets - but its better than anything else I've seen.

Budget is flexible, but not Mulberry. I'm a bit death of handbags due to overloading them on work trips

MrsBradleyCooper Mon 12-Sep-11 12:49:23

This is nice

madammecholet Mon 12-Sep-11 13:07:56

I liked the pockets on the JL one, and they'll be easy to open and perfect for keys/mobile...

or these

this modalu

modalu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now