Talk

Advanced search

hormonal chin spots -any cures?

(15 Posts)
ggirl Sun 11-Sep-11 21:37:59

dd has tried burts bees cleansing lotion
and OCM method to no avail

JsOtherHalf Sun 11-Sep-11 23:50:48

Active stability silver from 100percentnature is worth a try. Really helped my hormonal spots. Google the website name.

ComradeJing Mon 12-Sep-11 02:39:30

OCM has finally cleared this up for me. It took a month though so worth keeping at it. I also used the origins spot remover which worked like a charm and a gel from the dr. I only used the gel twice and the origins spot remover every day since and they just stopped in their tracks.

I also did OCM twice a day not the twice a week suggested. My skin's looking brilliant again so I'm happy even though I had to use industrial foundation for the first month.

AlpinePony Mon 12-Sep-11 07:32:40

I found pregnancy helped, although given this is your DD - and she is quite possibly quite young I'd not recommend this method. wink

nokissymum Mon 12-Sep-11 07:36:15

What is ocm /method [confused ] ?

tulpe Mon 12-Sep-11 08:57:02

Mama Mio's skincare range worked a treat on my hormone-ravaged skin. It is full of lavender & chamomile and is "nasty-free". Clean Slate is a lovely cleanser to use and a little goes a long way.

Alternatively, I am currently using Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish (twas a freebie with a magazine subscription) and I really rate that too.

tulpe Mon 12-Sep-11 08:57:45

oh and ignore the exercise element of the Clean Slate - DD won't need to do those, they are for the <<ahem>> more mature lady........!

ComradeJing Mon 12-Sep-11 09:43:45

Nokissymum: OCM

nokissymum Mon 12-Sep-11 10:04:37

thank you comrade smile

Goldberry Mon 12-Sep-11 10:09:15

I had this problem too. This completely sorted me out. You can get benzoyl peroxide on the pharmacy counter at Boots.

omnishambles Mon 12-Sep-11 10:11:26

Only dianette for me - probably not an option for dd. <realises this is a useless post>

talkingnonsense Mon 12-Sep-11 11:23:49

I would try your gp for a topical antibiotic- I still get hormmonal chin spots at 40, but don't tell her that!

ggirl Mon 12-Sep-11 21:23:35

Sorry I haven't replied sooner
Thanks for all your responses and ideas.
She's 19 and has only just started getting them, has pcos don't know if that's relevant or not.
Suppose she could go on the pill but atm doesn't need to iykwim and she's not keen.
Will show her this thread ,thanks again.

sprinkles77 Mon 12-Sep-11 21:51:25

I use metanium on mine. Its for nappy rash. Very effective. Funny yellow colour (actually masks the redness very well) but stains clothing. I dab a little on after I get dressed and wipe the worst off before I leave the house.

snoozingbeauty Tue 13-Sep-11 09:44:18

Mama Mio's cleanser is called Clean Slate and I've found it a total saviour for my hormonal break-outs during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and I’ve heard from a friend of mine that it works really well on hormonal skin cause by puberty too. I love that it doesn't leave my skin tight like some cleansing gels you rinse off. Wish it had been around when I was breaking out at 14...! www.mamamio.com/uk/clean-slate2 Good luck! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now