Talk

Advanced search

Help put me off these - I want them, can't afford them

(28 Posts)
neuroticmumof3 Sun 11-Sep-11 20:42:31

these. Help me fall out of love with them before I order them.

ninah Sun 11-Sep-11 20:45:06

sorry no can do
I can't afford them either, but they are mmmmm

nickschick Sun 11-Sep-11 20:45:09

I cant I love them too and I really cant afford them sad

Eglu Sun 11-Sep-11 20:48:16

OMG they are beautiful!! I am sad now I can't afford them either.

overmydeadbody Sun 11-Sep-11 20:48:50

I thought it would be easy to put you off them, but my god I want them too now.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Sun 11-Sep-11 20:49:15

yuck,they are horrid horrid horrid over priced yukness...........how am I doing ?

I like the style but too much detail for me 7 am slowly learning that if Ilike but cant afford look for similar but cheaper,that said they could be an investment if you love them that much & can see yourself wearing them for the net few years

sorry not much help confused

Maisiethemorningsidecat Sun 11-Sep-11 20:50:25

They look like something that Buttons might wear. Alternatively you may see them on a military parade.

Will that do? grin

Angel786 Sun 11-Sep-11 20:52:11

Honestly - I don't love them, sorry. The buttons are just too much. Good for a 5 year old with a pretty dress.

neuroticmumof3 Sun 11-Sep-11 20:53:58

thanks Maisie and Angel. That's why I needed. I shall keep repeating your comments in my mind.

twojumpingbeans Sun 11-Sep-11 20:54:03

I believe I may be of some assistance..

I tried these on in John Lewis, I too thought they were amazeballs. But - they made my feet look huge and turned up a bit at ends. Skinnybalinkybananafeet.

HTH!

mythical Sun 11-Sep-11 20:54:36

gorgeous! but pricey!

you wouldn't like something like this instead?
link

babycham42 Sun 11-Sep-11 20:55:12

Right,lets be practical.
They"ll be a nightmare to clean with all that detailing.....
You can get other boots on the market which are beautiful and cheaper...

But Thehusband is right in that if you really really love them they could be an investment.

Could you save up and get them at the end of the Winter poss in a sale.If you love them that much you"ll be happy to wear them the Winter after this - if you don"t,get something else!!!!

yellowraincoat Sun 11-Sep-11 20:55:29

They're just a bit boring, I think. Nothing special.

HTH!

thisisyesterday Sun 11-Sep-11 21:02:44

well, they would annoy me because the buttons aren't all the same size.

that's all i'll say.

neuroticmumof3 Sun 11-Sep-11 21:04:59

thanks mythical but i really need flatish brown boots this winter. bit worried about what jumpingbeans said as i'm a size 41 so don't need my feet to look any bigger than they actually are. i've noticed they do free returns on their website, that's tempting me to order them, just to try them on and dislike them in rl of course. not to keep them you understand.

MatLeaveForever Sun 11-Sep-11 21:05:13

Well I see from the other boots thread that you've already ordered 2 other pairs of knee boots so maybe you should see what you think of them first (you may be more boot obsessed than me!)!

I do like these ones but maybe agree that they look a bit soldier-ish!

knitknack Sun 11-Sep-11 21:06:23

I too lusted after these and ordered them & salivated.... and then returned them! They really weren't flattering at ALL and they also looked fussy, which i really wasn't anticipating... so there! :D

goatinacoat Sun 11-Sep-11 21:06:51

I like them. Sorry. They're a bit quirky and different but still stylish.

Maybe with a discount code?? hmm

Byeckerslike Sun 11-Sep-11 21:08:51

They have them in my local tkmaxx for 120 ish, i drooled over those very boots last week.... Sorry.... Buy them! grin

Jeezimacasalinga Sun 11-Sep-11 21:10:33

I've got them! In fact I bought them 3 years ago, they are so popular that Bertie has done them every year since. Mine still look great and I get lots of compliments so they were a good investment buy. Word of warning though - they suit people with narrow feet, my sister wanted to buy them last year and tried them on but couldn't get them on (her feet aren't wide, just average I think). I'm usually a 5, sometimes a 4 and the 4 fits me perfectly in these. Go on, order them they are worth it! smile

neuroticmumof3 Sun 11-Sep-11 21:18:17

Ooer Jeez. My feet are on the wide side. Yes Mat, I am boot obsessed this year, looking for that special pair of brown boots. Won't rest til I find them. Keep ordering online as never get time without DC to go round the shops. Although the Bertie ones are a bit out of my budget I can see me wearing them for several years. I'm also waiting for some from Office to see what they're like. I've had and rejected 3 pairs from Next and a pair of Fly Mols so far, was very disappointed in them.

MatLeaveForever Sun 11-Sep-11 21:21:10

Well I think any mother of 3 deserves whatever and however many boots she wants! You're probably on your feet all day!

neuroticmumof3 Sun 11-Sep-11 21:32:24

I agree Mat. I have ordered them, free delivery and returns so free to try them on. I'll have to really adore them to keep them though as they are very pricey for me.

monkeypuzzeltree Sun 11-Sep-11 21:43:00

You will not like them as your DCs will keep trying to undo the buttons. Plus they will be hard to clean.

You must not buy them, you must also convince me not to buy them - damn, wish I hadn't looked at the link! Thank goodness I do have wide feet!

MeMySonAndI Sun 11-Sep-11 21:48:07

My neighbour has them. She looks odd on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now