Talk

Advanced search

Help! Can anyone recommend a good cleanser for dry skin?

(13 Posts)
PersonalJesus Sun 11-Sep-11 17:45:12

I used to have lovely skin, but thanks to an major autoimmune flare I have been left with damage. The skin on my cheeks is now reddened and looks dull and old.

I prefer to use a creamy wash off cleanser, up until now I have been using Liz Earle C and P but is there anything else which would help me regain the dewy, fresh looking skin I used to have?

Ktay Sun 11-Sep-11 17:49:32

I found Cetaphil was good when my skin was quite dry and sensitive. You can get it from pharmacies.

MrsPellereau Sun 11-Sep-11 17:59:29

I find the no.7 Liz Earle rip off hot cloth cleanser to be one of the only that suits my very dry psoriasis prone skin.

Also not sure if they do cleansers but Eurecin do brilliant moisturisers for dry skin including one specifically for red skin.

DameDoom Sun 11-Sep-11 18:13:05

Emma Hardie's Amazing Face cleansing balm is fabulous - much better than Liz Earle in my opinion. It is more expensive but lasts for ages, takes every bit of make-up off and soothes my rosacea brilliantly. It's multi-purpose so you can leave it on as a nourishing mask overnight. Smells yummy. You can buy it through her website or on QVC.

PersonalJesus Sun 11-Sep-11 18:13:20

Thank you Ktay, will try my local chemist tomorrow! smile

PersonalJesus Sun 11-Sep-11 18:23:09

Oooh, x post. More products to check out - hurrah! I think rosacea is the closest thing it looks like.

Thank you MrsPellereau and DameDoom!

I like the thought of using the Emma Hardie balm as a mask too. I have missed using face masks the most, I've been so scared of them irritating my skin further.

cantpackwontpack Sun 11-Sep-11 18:49:18

Hi, I had a similar problem and a few months ago I started using La Roche Posay products. I am using the Nutric moisturiser, started with the richer 5% and now using the 2.5% and I am cleansing with the Physiological Micellar Solution. I've had amazing results. The redness and dry flaky skin have completely cleared. My skin looks fresher and younger.

I was worried I was developing rosacea but since I have started with these products I definitely don't have it.

Highly recommend you check it out.

hth

PersonalJesus Sun 11-Sep-11 20:11:50

cantpackwontpack

I didn't realise La Roche Posay did skincare products too. I already use their factor 50 sun lotion, which is fantastic. The consultant stressed that it was the best product I could use to help prevent further episodes of sun sensitivity due to my condition.

Big help, thank you!

cantpackwontpack Sun 11-Sep-11 21:35:53

Glad to be of help. There is a large range of products for every skin type so hopefully you will find something that suits.
I am truly amazed at the results. Like you I always had good skin and was really thrown when mine became dry and sensitive. I had spent loads on different organic and sensitive ranges but La Roche was the only one that made any different.

The assistant where I bought mine was really generous with samples too so I had enough little sachets of moisturiser to pop in my bag for ages.

ManicMother7777 Mon 12-Sep-11 21:34:05

This Clarins cleanser is gorgeous.

PersonalJesus Tue 13-Sep-11 11:02:44

Thank you ManicMother7777,

I'm hoping to get into the city on Wednesday, to see if I can get a few samples of the above things to try. I know someone who works for Clarins, I shall shamelessly swing past her counter too and hopefully she'll be generous with the little goodies..

I'm on hols next week, I can have some makeup free days so I'll be able to see how my skin reacts to each product.

My skin is fairly stable at the moment so it's the perfect time to try!

<grateful>

roary Tue 13-Sep-11 11:49:50

THese all sound good but I really like Ren no 1 Purity Cleansing Balm. ALso smells gorgeous. Lasts forever. I've had the same jar for ages.

moragbellingham Tue 13-Sep-11 16:32:47

I second the Clarins one with the Shea butter.

I have started using this Olay one recently and not had any problems with it which I'm amazed at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now