Talk

Advanced search

graduation in december

(10 Posts)
kittydreamer Sun 11-Sep-11 11:59:21

Hello everyone I hope you can help me. I am going to my daughters graduation in December at the Royal Festival Hall on south bank in London. It is at 11am in the morning. Havent a clue what to wear. I have no smart clothing so would have to purchase everything. I am size 14/ 16. I had a hysterectomy 6 months ago and my figure shape has changed my problem area being tummy. I cannot tolerate tight trousers as it causes pain. I was thinking of a jersey dress of some sort. Has anyone recently been to a graduation and how were people dressed? Any ideas appreciated .

tethersend Sun 11-Sep-11 13:44:55

What's your budget?

KurriKurri Sun 11-Sep-11 15:29:31

I went to a graduation recently (my DD) and I wore a cotton empire line dress with a shrug and mid heels. (It was summer though). So I would say a jersey dress would be fine. Not everyone wore jackets, not all the men wore suits. It was kind of smart but not extremely formal. - My DH wore a suit, and my DS a jacket and dark trousers.

I also have a problem tummy, which is why I went for Empire line - covers a multitude. A wrap dress would probably look nice too.

KurriKurri Sun 11-Sep-11 15:48:45

patterned looks flattering

would be lovely with some chunky jewellery and heels - red maybe

I nearly bought this one, comes in a lovely blue too

kittydreamer Sun 11-Sep-11 20:46:53

tethersend hadnt thought about a budget but i guess about 200 pounds. thanks to kurri kurri for the info on what people wore at previous graduation. Ill look for empire lines when i go shoppiing

tethersend Sun 11-Sep-11 20:59:01

What about this?

kittydreamer Mon 12-Sep-11 08:46:53

Thats a beautiful dress tethersend but wool irritates me next to the skin . Love the style tho

tethersend Mon 12-Sep-11 09:29:28

If you like that style, have a look at Lk Bennett (on phone so can't link)

KurriKurri Mon 12-Sep-11 14:04:45

pink ditch the tacky free necklace grin

classy - the ruching on this would cover any tummy probs.

I like this do you like prints or plain?

kittydreamer Mon 12-Sep-11 14:53:11

kurrikurri yes I like the john Lewis one. Might check that out when i go shopping! Prints or plain? Both really depends what the print is like

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now