Talk

Advanced search

I like this dress - what do you think?

(8 Posts)
fivecandles Sun 11-Sep-11 08:28:06

Here www.marksandspencer.com/Crossover-V-Neck-Geometric-Print-Jersey/dp/B0058F6Q0K?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_51&nodeId=55343031&sr=1-51&qid=1315725994 Is it nice for work?

dingdong3 Sun 11-Sep-11 10:10:38

I would like it for work - I'm a bit of a jersey wrap dress fan though. Would be good with boots and opaques.

BarbaraWoodlouse Sun 11-Sep-11 10:12:08

Yep, I agree with dingdong. A nice colourful chunky necklace would work too.

Ifancyashandy Sun 11-Sep-11 10:22:02

Hmm. Not mad keen on wrap dresses - think they are (despite Trinny & Susannah!) difficult to wear. They need very good control underwear under them, else the tie can sit in any bits of fat and accentuate it (even if the wearer is slim). And I wouldn't wear it with boots as you have a gap between the boot and the hem, which can make legs/knees look fat.

I quite like the shape of it but not the pattern. And it depends on how tall you are too: M&S dresses often come at a very frumoy length if you are not tall. If you don't mind paying a bit more, the White Company have some beautiful jersey dresses.

I would wear something like that with boots providing it was short enough to see a bit of leg over the boot, so I disagree with Shandy on that point. Then again, I have quite slim knees and lower legs, so would want to show that bit! I think dresses (other than maxi) look really odd with long boots if the boot top is under the hem of the dress - it's a very 70s look.

frumpy not frumoy!

Collision Sun 11-Sep-11 10:39:20

It is a bit 'M&S'..........but OK for work. Not keen on the length.

BelleDameSansMerci Sun 11-Sep-11 10:40:51

It's "fine" but that's about it really. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now