Talk

Advanced search

Help - what goes with a LK Bennett Davina dress in red?

(5 Posts)
chocolateteabag Sat 10-Sep-11 19:51:40

Argh - I have bought this LK Bennett Davina dress in red for SIL wedding next weekend (which is way too £££ but figure I can sell it on ebay afterwards)

Which shoes should I wear?
AND what jacket?

Was going to wear my LKB nude (like these but sabira heels - but OH says the round toe makes my feet look too small. I've got some black patent pointy kitten heels? Or should I try to find red shoes?

Jacket wise - it's a church wedding (near Shaftesbury) followed by a marquee. I could just use black shawl thing - or should I get a black/cream jacket? & if yes - any ideas?

First proper outing since DS birth - feel like I have to make an effort, but also now feeling massively overwhelmed by the thought

stripeybump Sat 10-Sep-11 19:54:22

Don't listen to your DH - nude shoes will be fab with the dress and are the wedding shoe of Middletons.

Fab dress btw!

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sat 10-Sep-11 19:55:23

I'd go black pointy stiletto shoes, probably patent and a black hat..be bold. It's fabulous

chocolateteabag Sat 10-Sep-11 20:24:15

Oh thankyou - I was slightly worried I was being a bit of a sheep with the nude shoes, but I do like the Duchess's style (nowt trashy and wears stuff more than once - I am proper Northern smile)

FareFNF - can't do stilettos due to bad feet, but I think I'm swaying your way. It's a bit of a show off dress, guess I should just get on with standing out. I think the power of G&T will need to get me through.

totallyshoeless Sat 10-Sep-11 22:13:48

Love nude shoes and clutch with that - I have this but there are plenty similar out there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now