Talk

Advanced search

Avid and wise trying autumn/winter for size..

(1000 Posts)
blossoming Sat 10-Sep-11 18:53:58

Hi everyone. Come and join in with your lovely links to autumn/winter clothes!

dexter73 Sat 10-Sep-11 19:00:28

I have just bought this in dark grey for the winter. It feels like it will be nice and warm.

Cleverything Sat 10-Sep-11 19:38:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DeepLeafEverything Sat 10-Sep-11 19:39:53

MarshaBrady Sat 10-Sep-11 19:47:05

DeepLeaf we have a television here that we don't need. It's a box tv, nice enough still works but we have swapped for a new imac. We will take to charity if they will take it. You are welcome to have it. Although I won't be offended if you think no way!

blossoming Sat 10-Sep-11 20:48:58

Good find dexter. Must check out tkmaxx more often.

Nice name deepleaf and love your suggestions for ollie. Are your creative talents utilised in your current job?

No s&b here. Came home from holiday to find my cleaner had left. Have been cleaning. Should I ask dh for £20?

notyummy Sat 10-Sep-11 21:01:28

Thanks for the thread Bloss. Hope you get a tv sorted Deepleaf. DH and I have just watched the first Strictly (we are both big fans- so sad grin.

Marsha - please would you tell me more about the imac? I need a new computer and somebody on here recommended an imac but I am a luddite and am v confused!

No S&B buys here except a lovely new Revlon nail varnish shade. I currently seem to be living in skinnies and a trench coat or work clothes, so am hoping to steal some new ideas on here.

DeepLeafEverything Sat 10-Sep-11 21:30:30

MarshaBrady Sat 10-Sep-11 21:33:39

Hi Remus. Yes, we have the 27"inch mac here. It is beauoootiful. And we have wireless keyboard and mouse which is very nice indeed.

We are very much a Mac house, however, I know some techy type people aren't into Macs. We do love it. And don't bother with the tv anymore too.

MarshaBrady Sat 10-Sep-11 21:34:24

"inch Bah, twice.

Thank you both.

I do get a lot of Word documents from work and also tend to use Word a lot myself, so it may not be the best option for me. It does look gorgeous though.

MarshaBrady Sat 10-Sep-11 21:37:58

Yes that is true. Many times I've had to pdf work as they go funny when I send them across.

DeepLeafEverything Sat 10-Sep-11 21:41:39

MarshaBrady Sat 10-Sep-11 21:42:46

grin

hehe I am watching something right now on the big screen too.

FrancesFarmer Sat 10-Sep-11 22:08:17

*marks place on thread

Hi there!

Random link - these shoes are quite cute, I think.

blossoming Sat 10-Sep-11 22:39:39

You think? Good to see you frances, dexter, and Remus. hope you stick around!

Thanks Blossoming. I have been reading your 'teacher clothing' posts with interest!

Sorry, Frances but I don't like those shoes.

OllieinOrange Sun 11-Sep-11 08:14:09

DeepLeaf That coat is lovely - great style. Purple often photographs differently to its RL colour doesnt it?. Worth a try? Guess you mean the colour of this Hobbs one? here Thanks for your blog thoughts too. I will add a shortbread post to my list of possible posts! Have been looking at other Dutch expat blogs which have really clever names. All I came up with was A Year in Orange.

DH home looking all tanned and relaxed. I look pale and worn out by comparison! Quiet day planned - have lots more homework to catch up on.

Ambernj1 Sun 11-Sep-11 08:19:29

Have to ache what others have said about the shoes Frances - if shoes with big hearts on are your thing these Anglomania for Melissa heels are quite cute in a cartoon pin ip kind of way...

'Tis my first wedding anniversary today, so DH is taking me shopping - proof we are a perfect match perhaps? Will report back with links later!

Got the baby down at 8pm last night for the first time so actually had an evening, which I spent wisely reading Red and Elle, very enjoyable.

Have the ultimate challenge coming up soon - a Sikh wedding! Invite specifies the need for bright colour, so I am basically looking for modest (no shoulders etc.), jewel tones and blingy accessories... Also have a trip to centre parcs next month which I fear will be considerably less glam!

Love the jacket dexter I am a big fan of TK, love a good trawl!

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday!

Ambernj1 Sun 11-Sep-11 08:37:00

Echo not ache. It's early.

PORTIA4 Sun 11-Sep-11 09:02:40

Anyone else been watching the rugby? At least we won, but not our best game!

Dh and DD3 off out for the day,seeing that I will be alone, I plan to sort out my wardrobe......would love to find something like Carciofi's boots lurking in the back!
Best of luck Pickled with the interview.

pickledsiblings Sun 11-Sep-11 09:42:30

Goodmorning All smile.

Thank you Bloss for the new thread.

Thank you so much all of you for your kind wishes, the interview is on Tuesday. I had a feeling that boots were a no no. Courts don't stay on v. well. Have seen some with straps in M&S, may have to purchase even though they are not leather.

Leaf, I agree with Ollie about that purple coat. Go and see it! It may be perfect.

I'm not loving the shoes with hearts on thing but those brown and black ones linked to on the other thread are v. nice indeed.

Ollie, I like "A Year in Orange", kind of like "A Year in Provence". I may blog about my journey to becoming an Apple developer and writing hugely successfully education apps. I am just on the first leg you do realise grin. Have downloaded the relevant software and books after much research.

Marsha, make sure you have vast quantities of batteries at the ready for your wireless keyboard and mouse. There is a pop up keyboard for emergencies though. Much as I love my iMac I do also like having a PC laptop although like you Marsha I do a lot of stuff via pdfs. I can really recommend iAnnotate for those of you with iPads that use pdfs a lot.

NY, you and MrNY are such good friends, aren't you? It always makes me smile.

pickledsiblings Sun 11-Sep-11 09:43:19

PORTIA, I meant to ask, how is DD doing?

GeorginaWorsley Sun 11-Sep-11 17:37:11

Thanks for the Poncho recommendations on last thread ladies.
Am liking Fat Face one,and have my eye on a couple of things from White Company.

This thread is not accepting new messages.