Talk

Advanced search

Do you like this dress and have you ever bought from Diane Von Furstenberg?

(11 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Sat 10-Sep-11 09:15:18

this one

If you have bought from this range before have you been impressed or not by quality?

I quite like the pattern on this dress and high neck suits me ok.

ChippingIn Sat 10-Sep-11 09:18:57

Pink - I haven't as I don't have the figure for them. However, my friend has a few and they always look amazing - but she has the perfect figure <cow - LOL> the only thing with them, is that I find them a little like air hostess uniforms?!

carciofi Sat 10-Sep-11 09:22:09

I have a couple of DVF dresses, great quality. One is 10 years old now and still looks as new. I like the high neck style but I think I might tire of the pattern and would go for something more muted.

Pinkflipflop Sat 10-Sep-11 09:22:56

<Pink is dreaming of the perfect model figure>

I am size 10 but with a tummy and 5 foot 6 - do you think I could get away with it?

carciofi Sat 10-Sep-11 09:30:02

Definitely! And there is always Spanx. wink

ChippingIn Sat 10-Sep-11 09:31:56

If you want honesty: I would say not with that pattern as I think it makes the rake thin model look pregnant in that photo - I think it's the way the swirls go around the tummy.

If you want flattery: Of course you can. I'd die to be a size 10 again <not just flattery - I would smile >

SofaQueen Sat 10-Sep-11 09:47:08

I have quite a few DVF dresses as they are comfortable and suit me. THe dresses are classics and very wearable; the oldest one I have is about 10 years old and does not look dated.

The dress you link to is nice as long as you are quite tall and slim, otherwise the print would overpower.

Pagwatch Sat 10-Sep-11 09:51:08

Yes, dvf are good quality and last.
My concern would be the pattern and style won't age well.
If it was just for this winter yes.

But if you want to still be wearing it in three years time I would chose something less shouty.

tethersend Sat 10-Sep-11 10:03:53

I LOVE that dress. Buy it at once.

KristinaM Sat 10-Sep-11 10:07:25

I agree with pagwatch

TigerseyeMum Sat 10-Sep-11 11:31:21

I like the shape but not the design, sorry, I think you will get tired of it quickly.

Dammit, I saw quite a few things I like on that site - amazing sale bargains! In love with a black Marc Jacobs wool dress. Huff. Must not shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now