Talk

Advanced search

Stuck in a rut - help me branch out from White stuff

(13 Posts)
Sleepglorioussleep Fri 09-Sep-11 23:02:53

I went shopping today, all excited because I had decided not to just buy a safe long top from White stuff. So I bought a really nice pair of jeans and jumper from.... Fat face! Help! Where can I buy stuff that will flatter my pear shape with nice legs post three children body as much as is humanly possible without seeing three people in the same top on the school run, most of them older than me?!

foreveryours Fri 09-Sep-11 23:15:28

TK MAXX! Amazing! Most my wardrobe(literally 3 of them) is from there...

Littlepumpkinpie Sat 10-Sep-11 00:03:13

TKmax is the best smile If I go there I always go straight after dropping DS at school. Never see anyone else in the same stuff I am wearing. I have picked up some very good quality clothes at a fraction of what they would cost in House of fraser. I really rummage through the rails and have found some very sought after names last week I brought a fenn and mason jumper RRP £140 for £24.99. Diesel jeans £16.99 7 of mankind £40 hilfiger £22. I love TKmax I really do smile

chocolaterainbow Sat 10-Sep-11 00:04:45

Oooooo, TKMAXX. I <3 :D

chocolaterainbow Sat 10-Sep-11 00:05:49

(chocolaterainbow hasn't been in TKMAXX for a while, and is well overdue a visit!! lol)

Sleepglorioussleep Sat 10-Sep-11 05:53:56

Might have to be brave! Would there be stuff in my size? Am 16 in shops with generous sizing, occasionally 14 and h and m couldn't really help me yesterday!

paddingtonbear1 Sat 10-Sep-11 08:00:10

Another TK maxx fan here. And yes they do stuff in a large range of sizes - our local one does anyway smile

Sleepglorioussleep Sat 10-Sep-11 09:10:33

Thanks! Will have to be brave and try tk maxx. I used to go years ago and was scared off by having to hunt for things.

ImeldaM Sat 10-Sep-11 09:17:52

TKMaxx can be good but you have to definitely have an eye for good stuff as a lot of it is not great.

I got a fantastic barbour style jacket for £20 last year & they are all over the shops this year, very lucky find grin

CeliaFate Sat 10-Sep-11 10:15:37

The TKMaxx shop near me is like a charity shop of the biggest pile of shite imaginable! I hate the place with a passion, it's all cheap and nasty. Where are all these amazing ones?

Sleepglorioussleep Sat 10-Sep-11 11:21:31

This is my fear! I am so safe with my shopping because I know I can be in and out with a flattering, if not exactly edgy, outfit in five minutes! But maybe I can do a bit of shopping now and again. I mean browsing and trying on type shopping

BallantyneBird Sat 10-Sep-11 13:27:57

A TK Maxx tip - if you can't find anything in your size, then check out the larger sizes rails. Some of the designer brands are sized very ungenerously so sizing up can work well sometimes.

Another tip - go without children if you possibly can, you need lots of time and headspace to shop in TK Maxx!

FootballFriend Sat 10-Sep-11 13:43:29

I don't really 'get' TK Maxx either. I look at these items and think 'is this the real designer/label?', and 'do people really pay the original price for this rubbish?'. Taken outside the good lighting and pretty models they are just rags. Apart from the bags which are quite OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now