Talk

Advanced search

Another boots one! (sorry)

(13 Posts)
Megatron Fri 09-Sep-11 19:29:47

I'd like an opinion on these for casual

www.tkmaxx.com/boots/ladies-brown-leather-riding-boots/invt/39516050/

(and how would you wear them?)

and these for smart/dressy - have seen these in the shop and they're much nicer, leather nice and soft and not so 'shiny'.

www.tkmaxx.com/boots/black-leather-knee-high-boots/invt/39513525/

I'm in my mid 40s so don't feel comfortable in anything too high fashiony if you know what I mean. Thanks smile

Megatron Fri 09-Sep-11 20:22:47

Shameless bump. blush

Bumping as I have proved from my previous boots request that I have NO fashion sense at all but I'm trying and I need help!

MissBeehiving Fri 09-Sep-11 20:35:34

They're both fine smile. The second pair are better I think.

BUT depends what you wear them with. Both pairs would look great with a shorter skirt/dress and thick tights. I wouldn't wear them with skinnies because I think it's a bit dated now.

Don't wear them with a midi skirt all it will be all a bit Wendy Craig.

Megatron Fri 09-Sep-11 20:44:14

Thank you! I do like the brown ones I'm just not sure what I would wear them with...

MissBeehiving Fri 09-Sep-11 20:46:11

What do you normally wear?

Megatron Fri 09-Sep-11 20:52:53

Jeans, leggings and tunics, to the knee skirts etc. Nothing very exciting. sad

Ifancyashandy Fri 09-Sep-11 20:53:42

Think the brown ones are lovely. I'd wear them with skinnies (especially the more 'canvass' ones that are around - the coloured ones). I'd also wear them with a midi! But then I love that 'Ali McCraw' / '70's / Halston look.

I think the black ones are horrid. But I hate that shiney, stretchy leather.

MissBeehiving Fri 09-Sep-11 21:04:38

I wonder if Megatron is not "high fashiony" the Ali McGraw look is a bit much to pull off? Even if you are a fashion icon?

PetiteMum Fri 09-Sep-11 21:13:46

Hey I love the black! What's the calf fitting like on them? Tempted myself actually!

Megatron Fri 09-Sep-11 21:28:03

Honestly the black ones look so much nicer when you see them - not shiny and not stretchy at all, it's a terrible picture of them! not sure what the calf fitting is they. looked kind of average if you know what I mean.

Ifancyashandy Fri 09-Sep-11 21:29:53

Haha! That's pretty much what I was wearing today! Love it!

MissBeehiving Fri 09-Sep-11 21:39:15

You are clearly not child of the 70's Ifancy wink That's my mother.

Ifancyashandy Fri 09-Sep-11 22:02:51

I was a child in the 70's, born '69! But I've always loved that look - that and the Studio 54 Halston look, so I'm delighted it's around again. Love loads of other looks too - like the androgenous / teddy boy / Crombie coat and brogue look.

Basically, I love clothes and putting outfits together (am not so hot on that surfer chic / bobo casual look though. Look like a sack of shite dressed in those kinda clothes!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now