Advanced search

Stupid or not.

(11 Posts)
merlincat Fri 09-Sep-11 15:42:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tethersend Fri 09-Sep-11 15:47:49

Can you link to the dress?

tethersend Fri 09-Sep-11 15:48:11

I've done this, but with a cheaper dress, BTW.

scurryfunge Fri 09-Sep-11 15:50:43

Depends how much you love it and the cost involved. There must be other dresses though!

tulpe Fri 09-Sep-11 16:41:17

Are you sure that the fabric is used only in that design? IME, Paul Smith often makes several different styles using the same fabric so it might be worth checking out?

plipplops Fri 09-Sep-11 17:39:21

I bought a Ted Baker dress off eBay for a tenner and had a local dressmaker alter it for another tenner. I was really pleased, but have thought since how sensible it would be to do that more often (with stuff you buy in the shops). It takes so long to find something I like, that if it just needed a tweak I reckon it's well worth it. Probably depends on how much of a remodel you mean though unless you know some ace local dressmaker you'd trust with the job?

merlincat Fri 09-Sep-11 18:36:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oranges Fri 09-Sep-11 18:48:20

NO! for that money the dress should fit perfectly first time round.

tethersend Fri 09-Sep-11 19:26:52

Link it, we'll let you know if it's worth it wink

Beesok Fri 09-Sep-11 20:22:17

Does the shop have a refund policy? If you have a reliable dressmaker you could buy the dress take it to the dressmaker and she/he could tell you exactly what can or can't be done and also how much it would cost - alterations can be expensive and if it is the wrong shape and you are really not happy with it seems like it's too much of a hassle...

I did that once with a fabulous coat on sale - the zip was broken so it was reduced by 90% (it was by RM so ££££) but at a Zara price on sale so just had to check and the guy said it would look the same so I sadly gave it back sad

VValery Mon 12-Sep-11 16:45:44

you'd better try to find another dress but with the same colour. don't buy a dress which makes you fat(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now