Talk

Advanced search

Need advice about blackheads please

(5 Posts)
angelinterceptor Fri 09-Sep-11 10:31:00

My DS aged nearly 12 has had these for about 6-12 months now, only on his nose though. We have got him to use a face wash, I think its by Neutrogena and is supposed to be a blackhead eliminator or something?

Any advice really, I never really had these when i was growing up, or now really and i dont konw what to suggest for him.

Would it be a face mask, or something do you think?

thanks

PottyRefusnik Fri 09-Sep-11 10:46:03

I used to get lots (still get some) and I found that an exfoliating scrub from Clearasil here worked really well, morning and night.

If I had some problem ones that I couldn't get rid of, I'd use these pads after I'd washed with the scrub and thoroughly rinsed. You don't rinse after the pads and they worked very well for me.

I had tried all sorts of expensive lotions and potions, but found these worked best (and cheaper than 'grown up' brands) though I felt daft buying teenage products in my thirties!

Honeypie80 Fri 09-Sep-11 11:12:19

Hi to be honest the clearasil ones are extremely drying to the skin and often make the matter worse.

I use Elizabeth Arden clear the way face mask twice a week and it sorts it out. i was recommended by a beautician and it truly is amazing, i know its a boy thing not to have a face mask but if it works then who else needs to know!

Its gouey green anyway so tell its made for boys!

PottyRefusnik Fri 09-Sep-11 11:16:49

The clearasil is drying, but it after trying lots of other things it worked so I decided I'd rather have dry skin than loads of horrible blackheads!

If nothing else works, I'd definitely try it.

angelinterceptor Fri 09-Sep-11 12:14:33

thanks, I was a bit worried about using some of the harsher stuff on him actually - but also want to clear the problem before it gets worse in years to come.
I will have a look at Boots on my way home today and see what there is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now