Talk

Advanced search

Urgent boob control in party dress help/experience needed

(11 Posts)
wileycoyote Thu 08-Sep-11 20:22:49

Yes, I have d not so pert boobs and a backless dress to wear to a ball. Any tips on how to carry this look off? Are the silicone things a waste of time?

wolfnipplechips Thu 08-Sep-11 22:18:24

You can get a bra extender thing from joun lewis that makes your usual bra backless, it sorts of winds around your waist. won't work if your dress is really low I've never found any of those other thingies supportive enough.

wileycoyote Thu 08-Sep-11 23:31:28

Hmm, dress is lower than that unfortunately, I think. Drat..

happylittlebear Fri 09-Sep-11 00:27:11

I have used a stick on one from la senza once was v good, pretty sure I have seen them in m&s too, useless at linking so I can't find one but they basically look like a strapless bra with no back (just cups and wire IYSWIM).
Comes with strips that look a bit like plasters and stick the cups to your skin. They are VERY sticky and don't budge, was actually quite a nightmare getting it off, but at least no danger of it falling off grin.
I am d/dd cup btw.

No advice but I feel your pain. I have to wear a bridesmaid dress on Saturday, and it is so low cut that I can't even wear a bra. It was clearly designed for someone with perky little boobs, not someone who has spent the last 4 years either pregnant or breastfeeding.

I have giant BFing boobs (GG) and it looks awful to the point where I have been manufacturing imaginary scenarios that could get me out of wearing it.

Before anyone thinks I'm a bitch, obviously I won't be bailing out however much I might want to!

happylittlebear Fri 09-Sep-11 00:32:36

http://www.lasenza.co.uk/solutions/solution_bras/level3.aspx?d=16&type=450&style=700636&product=301016y&img=SS1110_15

Don't know if that works, if not it's called dreamshapers clearwing backless strapless bra
£20

voscar Fri 09-Sep-11 05:01:28

This might sound ridiculous but if you can get hold of fabric surgical tape - kinda like a roll of fabric plaster? I remember a friend doing this once with really thick Elastoplast. She taped herself up. Looked immense once the dress was on. But sore coming off! Lol!

Jacksmania Fri 09-Sep-11 05:18:36

Duct tape. The silver stuff. Apply low down and and then yank up. Take off with baby oil. Works like a charm.

wileycoyote Mon 19-Sep-11 21:27:38

Just returned to this thread. Ordered a backless bra from M&S off ebay and it is the biggest pile of crap I have ever experienced. It just loops around your arms so if you move them (your arms) or lean forward from finishing school deportment and arms by your side it falls down!!! ROFL..

Duct tape here I come. Where do you get it??

OtterBjitch Mon 19-Sep-11 21:33:56

Here's a 'how to...' explanation.

wileycoyote Mon 19-Sep-11 22:08:07

Otter - I need diagrams!! I might end up being cut out of it by the fire service (in my dreams)..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now