Talk

Advanced search

Boots again and Boden again!

(12 Posts)
polyhymnia Thu 08-Sep-11 19:31:59

Following agonising on the 'bootcut' thread about what to wear with jeans, am now looking round at boots generally. Would like some knee length ones but thinking now about something ankle length and chunkyish, to wear with skinny jeans and, I hope, straight legs too.

Any views on these? I literally can't decide what I think myelf - if I do want to try, should really do it before midnight toight to get 20 % off. I'd go for the black.

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Flat-Boots/AZ130/Womens-Patent-Biker-Boots.html

Have also liked Fitflops in past on comfort grounds. What about these:

www.shoetique.co.uk/womens-c1/boots-c6/fitflop-boot-dash-black-blk-p734

or these:

www.shoetique.co.uk/womens-c1/boots-c6/fitflop-fitflop-boot-hooper-black-p797

Other suggestions welcome - have already had two good ones on the 'bootcut thread'.

TIA.

chickchickchicken Thu 08-Sep-11 20:05:33

i dont like the boden ones at all

both fitflops boots are nice. i slightly prefer the cheaper one but think the more expensive pair may be more practical

polyhymnia Thu 08-Sep-11 23:34:22

Thanks - those are my thoughts too on reflection - won't bother with the Boden.

See there's at least one other thread on here about ankle boots to wear with jeans, so will keep checking.

polyhymnia Fri 09-Sep-11 10:22:16

Bump - any further comments/ ideas, please??

ImeldaM Fri 09-Sep-11 10:42:43

Like the first fitflop pair, think they would look good with skinny or straight jeans tucked in, if boots quite wide at top.

Would advise to see good ranges of interesting boots to go to your nearest independant shoe shop, they will be likely to stock european makes like Seibel & El Naturalista, which are usually very hard-wearing, comfy and look a little different to standard boots. They usually stock fitflop ones too.

I love boots, obviously, and am going to check my current pair for wear so that I can convince myself i need justify a new pair grin

polyhymnia Fri 09-Sep-11 10:47:06

Thanks - am going to chrck my local independent shop later today - don't think they stock El Naturalista, though, which looks good. Will investigate who does. Also going up to Covent Garden Geox shop, as they often have good boots.

polyhymnia Fri 09-Sep-11 10:50:07

Just looked at the Geox offerings on John Lewis site and they look really frumpy but not all Geox are like that. May go to Geox Kings Rd shop rather than Covent Garden, as then could check out the Kings Road Sporting Club who tend to stock a full range of Fitflops so I can see in RL.

AnnabellaFagina Fri 09-Sep-11 11:03:32

The boden ones look like what Father Christmas would wear.

ImeldaM Fri 09-Sep-11 11:40:49

Looked at them again and they do! Do you have a secret job polyhymnia?

polyhymnia Fri 09-Sep-11 11:50:11

No afraid not, but I've definitely passed on from my moment of madness in contemplating those boots, even for a moment. The voices of sanity have prevailed.

chickchickchicken Fri 09-Sep-11 12:33:46

will you let us know how the fitflops boots look in rl? tempted by a pair myself

polyhymnia Fri 09-Sep-11 12:41:11

Yes, will do. Am def. going to try both in RL. There are lots of other tempting ankle boots around but I have found FFs so comfortable that I've virtually lived in them for every day the last two winters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now