Talk

Advanced search

would you wear these boots with a dress?

(26 Posts)
tulpe Thu 08-Sep-11 16:43:11

here

I found them in TK Maxx for £50 today. They are described as a biker/cowboy boot hybrid confused and are loose fitting around the ankle/lower leg. I thought they might look ok with tea dresses and leggings/opaques? Ideally I would like something a little higher but everything I find is either not leather Rocket Dogs for example or the heel height is wrong. I don't want something totally flat but I don't want towering heels either.

bishboschone Thu 08-Sep-11 16:46:48

Yes... I love thos boys and coveted them for a while.

bishboschone Thu 08-Sep-11 16:47:46

Which tk mass wAs it.

bishboschone Thu 08-Sep-11 16:48:06

Maxx

Angel786 Thu 08-Sep-11 17:09:10

Yes I would but depends what type odf dress.

tulpe Thu 08-Sep-11 17:56:51

bishboschone - Bletchley in MK. They had several size 5's and a size 7. None online as yet. Might be worth calling your local store? Although they are listed as Kurt Geiger, the label inside says Carvela.

I spent all last winter looking for a pair like this so I am pleased to have found them but am having a bit of wobble wondering if I have in fact idolised them too much!

Angel786 was thinking either tea dresses or tunics.

Also think they will look fab with jeans.

Angel786 Thu 08-Sep-11 17:59:33

Definitely with tunics. Withtea dresses you'd need toe v confident I'd say. With jeans, trousers etc would look fab too.

Ooh I like those. I'd wear them with maxi skirts or under jeans but would want them to be higher to wear with 'normal' skirts/dresses or skinny jeans. Now, if you CAN find some like that but higher, please show me because I've been after some for the last two years!

tulpe Thu 08-Sep-11 18:03:30

Thanks Angel. Vintage tea dresses are my signature look. However, as I am now 40 I have noticed that there is a fine line between "cool vintage" and "mumsy in a floral frock". I reckon these boots will give the look that "edge" to stop it teetering into Mumsy territory. I tried it last year with black mid-calf biker boots. It was okay but they can look too heavy whereas I think the tan are that bit more girly.

tulpe Thu 08-Sep-11 18:04:53

Remus - any here grab your attention?

Yes! Unfortunately, it's the Mulberry ones. smile

tulpe Thu 08-Sep-11 18:14:09

ah, a girl with taste wink

What's your budget? Have to pop off to organise baths and reading now but will come back later to help if you wish smile

I am always happy to talk boots! Unfortunately, my budget this month is zero but by the end of the month, it's up to about 100 pounds, if it's a pair that's likely to last a year or two. My current pair are on their fifth Autumn and were in the sale in Principles at about 40 pounds, so I've deffo had my money's worth!

tulpe Thu 08-Sep-11 20:08:24

Ooooh I love a bargain smile And I always expect my boots and shoes to last more than one season (unless it's those little flat leather-soled sandals which are always knackered by the end of the summer).

How about these?

bishboschone Thu 08-Sep-11 20:09:13

Thanks, I saw them on kurt Geiger website ..I'll look in my tk maxx , calling them is a dead loss!!

They are lovely, Tulpe: I will certainly go into TK Maxx and investigate. Would prefer a few more buckles and straps in a perfect boot world but they are a serious contender.

tulpe Thu 08-Sep-11 21:25:42

Glad to be of service smile

Did you buy the ones you linked to in your OP? Have you tried them on with a tea dress?

tulpe Thu 08-Sep-11 22:19:55

Yep bought them today. Not tried them on with dress yet but will do in the morning.

Waits for Tulpe to report back....
smile

tulpe Fri 09-Sep-11 16:42:21

Bugger! Sorry Remus - had hectic day. Will go and try boots with dress and report back immediately blush

TracyK Fri 09-Sep-11 16:45:09

Would those Dune ones from HOF at £159 go girly nicely with shorter teadresses Tulpe?? or even the same ones cheaper from Isme Marshall!
I'm not a big fan of ankle boots and dresses.

BoringSchoolChoiceNickname Fri 09-Sep-11 18:46:03

Ooh I love Carvela - must check local TK Maxx

bucaneve Fri 09-Sep-11 19:08:17

They are lovely. I'd wear them with a tea dress, or some 'going out' type dresses to make them a bit more casual.

tulpe Sat 10-Sep-11 14:39:59

urgh! Am not sure sad Tried them on quickly with a dress yesterday but wasn't totally smitten. I think perhaps they need a slightly higher heel.

hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now