Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about deodorant

(20 Posts)
Fuzzled Thu 08-Sep-11 16:25:16

Since having DS I find that my spray deodorant isn't quite cutting it and I'm washing again and reapplying at lunch time. I only shave every 3-4 days as I'm quite sensitive so end up with rashes, and creams mean a 24 deo free window so they're out. Similarly, I find roll ons can 'nip'.

Now, this could just be my sensitive nose (DH says I smell fine), but it does make me a bit self-conscious - arms down at sides etc, which makes chasing an 11mo difficult! grin

Anyone recommend another option?!

voscar Thu 08-Sep-11 16:46:04

Mitchum. The ONLY deodrant worth it's salt. I use the solid cream and it's never ever let me down. I can even go a day without putting it on and I still don't get sweaty.

LordOfTheFlies Thu 08-Sep-11 19:17:05

I use Mitchum roll on, it's done good for me this year. Used to use Dove for the promise of soft armpits, but ended up wringing.

Op, what about waxing rather than shaving?

My armpits used to feel so tender after shaving, but I can wax then put roll-on on straight after.

<<I'm tough me, emoticon>>

louiespence Thu 08-Sep-11 19:25:01

Mitchum is the most effective brand I've used too!

Overtiredmum Thu 08-Sep-11 19:29:44

Sure Maximum Protection. I got very sweaty after having DCs, nothing worked until I discovered Sure MP. I use the cream, its about £5 a go, but I only apply it every other day (even with showering every day) and I need nothing else anymore. Wish I discovered it sooner. One bottle usually lasts about 7-8 weeks. Definitely worth a try!

EauRouge Thu 08-Sep-11 19:35:55

I use a crystal one, it's very effective at preventing odours but it's not an antiperspirant so it won't stop you sweating.

Fuzzled Thu 08-Sep-11 20:06:16

Hmm, looks like it's Mitchum for me then - assuming it passes my sniff test! wink
How is it against black clothing?

LordoftheFlies - tried waxing. The pain was fine, the ingrowing hair (on honeymoon! angry ) wasn't!) Never tried again as my legs do the same with wax confused I'm just a sensitive soul grin

Overtiredmum - it's Sure I use now, but not the Maximum Protection. Not overly sure about their scents though. They've all gone a bit girly for my taste.

DottyDot Thu 08-Sep-11 20:08:00

another vote for Mitchum - I use the spray and it's fab - the only thing that has sorted out my ponginess natural smell grin

RightUpMyRue Thu 08-Sep-11 20:09:37

Yet another vote for Mitchum. The only deodorant for us sweaty lasses.

TheSandstoneCat Thu 08-Sep-11 20:10:24

Another vote for Mitchum. Traded up to it as I felt the need for something stronger and very happy with it.

Redumbdancy Thu 08-Sep-11 20:29:10

I use the Mitchum push up hard cream stuff.

Works brilliantly, smells nice and no white marks!

Iggly Thu 08-Sep-11 20:34:37

Mitchum did not agree with me.

I switched to a non aluminium deodorant (doesn't stop sweating) and made sure I wore natural materials. I find I hardly sweat now - whereas if I use anti perspirant, I'd start sweating as soon as it went on confused

ShoreditchMum Thu 08-Sep-11 20:43:20

Mitchum is fab. Went on holiday and forgot it - had to use Sure and really noticed the difference. As, I'm pretty sure, did my partner!

brighthair Thu 08-Sep-11 20:54:35

Dove maximum protection cream. Works better if you use at night and never stings me even after shaving

AnnabellaFagina Fri 09-Sep-11 11:05:49

I like the sticks with no white marks. Dove and sure do one.

Flowerista Fri 09-Sep-11 11:15:51

Mitchum does a no White marks is marv. It might not be you - have a real good sniff of your t shirts. My lycra ones can wind up with a smell even though I wash them rigourously. Bin them.

CaptainNancy Fri 09-Sep-11 11:15:56

The sure stick (says no white marks, some thing like 'cotton fresh'??) is effective, and doesnt sting at all after shaving- I can apply straight after in fact.

I'd also check your shaver is sharp enough- blunt blades cause stinging.

CaptainNancy Fri 09-Sep-11 11:18:01

Also, what are you using as lubricant when you shave? that can make a difference. I have v sensitive skin, so I use a pure soap to shave with.
The sure one is a sort of creamy stick thing, (might say maximum protection) and the scent is not overpowering in the way sprays are <<gag>>

ChablisLover Fri 09-Sep-11 11:40:37

Mitchum - using for years. Is the only thing that truly works.

Could also try odaban(?) but if you are v sensitive it might not agree with you. I have sensitive skin and it irritated me.

Fuzzled Sun 11-Sep-11 14:52:30

Update: bought Mitchum yesterday and used today. Have been cleaning and can't smell anything smile
Doesn't appear to be leaving white marks on black t-shirt either grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now