Talk

Advanced search

Long Lasting Foundation

(18 Posts)
voscar Thu 08-Sep-11 15:11:27

Afternoon!

I'm looking for a foundation that will stay on my skin so long that I wonder if it's bionic. I don't want to apply it with a trowel, but I'm positive that there has to be a wonder product out there that will last all day?

I'm up at 6:30am and get home around 8pm - by lunchtime my make up has all but disapeared - I swear they do it so that you have to reapply and go through more product!

Thanks

C

BerylStreep Thu 08-Sep-11 15:20:44

I like the YSL one with the brush. Will find link.

Granard Thu 08-Sep-11 15:37:07

By Terry's Eclat Opulent is wonderful. It looks as good at the end of the day as at the start. It's quite expensive but you use very little and it makes your skin look great!

QuinnFabray Thu 08-Sep-11 15:43:20

Quite expensive is an understatement, it's a hundered quid a pot!

I'm still searching. Even Estee Lauder double wear doesn't cut it for me. I'm so oily, bleh!

A good primer helps, by the way.

Gillybobs Thu 08-Sep-11 15:44:43

Ive tried EVERYTHING and Estee Lauder Doublewear is the business. Use a primer first, apply with a brush, set with a little powder. Job done. Is bombproof on me : )

QuinnFabray Thu 08-Sep-11 15:44:51

The ones people usually recommend are Estee lauder double wear, Revlon Colourstay, Rimmel 25 hour. They're all good long lasting foundations.

QuinnFabray Thu 08-Sep-11 15:45:23

What primer do you use, Gillybobs?

Gillybobs Thu 08-Sep-11 15:58:34

either the Clarins one in a red pot, think its called Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch (or summat!) or Philosophy The Present. Both v good

chipstick10 Thu 08-Sep-11 16:05:41

Mac foundation is brill.

Fuzzled Thu 08-Sep-11 16:18:52

Bobbi Brown foundation sticks.

Lasts me all day from 7am until 10pm if I need it to smile

voscar Thu 08-Sep-11 16:36:04

Perfect - Double Stay it is then! I'll get it at the weekend - thanks girls!

X

Vizzini Thu 08-Sep-11 17:09:42

I've just bought MAC pro-longwear and it's amazing. It looks as good in the evening when I'm taking it off as it did when I put it on. I couldn't get a good match in the Double Wear.

Jemimapuddleduk Thu 08-Sep-11 17:13:15

I have just discovered estee Lauder double wear light, it's AMAZING! Light and natural but covers blemishes and lasts all day. I am converted!

FIFIBEBE Thu 08-Sep-11 17:43:43

Another vote for EL Double Wear Light. Lovely and natural looking. lasted me from 7am until 10pm yesterday. That has never happened before. I do find I need to do moisturiser, primer and concealer properly to get the full effect though. Doesn't seem to be a quick way around an all day face though.

chipstick10 Thu 08-Sep-11 19:02:19

same here Vizzini i couldnt get a match either. Mac foundation and colours are fabulosa.

Sniffwitch Thu 08-Sep-11 19:09:59

EL Double Wear. Is great. But you do have to put it on properly.
Don't, however, bother with the Double Wear mascara which is clumpy waxy shite.

niniane Thu 08-Sep-11 19:18:11

Dior Forever foundation. I've done make up for a number of brides and this is what I use for the majority of them. It can be worn quite sheer or it can be layered to give a thicker coverage.

PlumSykes Thu 08-Sep-11 19:37:09

MAC primer def. makes a huge difference to staying power, and I love the Giorgio Armani Luminous Foundation for fabulously glowing skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now