Talk

Advanced search

Brogue wedges - a trend too far?

(10 Posts)
SofaQueen Wed 07-Sep-11 21:37:44

I bought a pair of these today on a whim. I know that brogues are very trendy now, but I can't do flats due to my diminutive height, plus I am not Alexa Chung cool, so they look ridiculous on me. I was planning on wearing them with slim capris and skinny cords in bright colours (mustard, orange).

What do you think - keep them or return?

IAmOptimusPrime Wed 07-Sep-11 22:09:00

wow they are high!

I like the colour of the shoe but not so sure of the amount of wedge. But hey if you like them and if you can stay upright in them then go for it. Can't stand it when I see women wearing super high shoes and they walk as if they are about to topple over with each step!

But I do think these are much, much nicer.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 07-Sep-11 22:48:04

Well I like them but, yy, they do look impossible to walk in.

I like the Office ones too. Especially the pale blue ones.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 07-Sep-11 22:53:50

Though I'm not sure about these

here

SofaQueen Wed 07-Sep-11 23:48:07

They actually aren't so bad in terms of height as they have a platform. It is either these or a heeled loafer.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 07-Sep-11 23:51:31

I've got high heeled brogues like the office ones. Not keen on the Zara wedges.

WhollyGhost Thu 08-Sep-11 07:34:02

depends what they're for

those look like sitting down shoes

40notTrendy Thu 08-Sep-11 07:38:19

Love them all. smile

dexter73 Thu 08-Sep-11 08:50:01

If you are only small they might look like you have 2 large blocks on the end of your legs. They are quite a big pair of shoes - I think a heeled brogue would look better.

Ifancyashandy Thu 08-Sep-11 09:23:14

Love the Zara ones! And I have the Office ones but they are surprisingly tricky to walk in - I think the instep / heel ratio is a bit 'off' but hey, beauty is pain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now