Talk

Advanced search

What's the verdict on this top?

(16 Posts)
LauraMercier Wed 07-Sep-11 18:07:55

For a short curvey type with relatively large norks? I have a very similar one that was in the sale, different colours and pattern, same style/shape, utterly beautiful but I'm not convinced on the shape. I usually wear scoup or v necks. I LOVE it but I'm not convinced the shape does me any favours.

phase eight silk top

lubeybooby Wed 07-Sep-11 18:09:13

I am large of nork and wouldn't go anywhere near anything like that. No way. A to B cup only for that top.

Casmama Wed 07-Sep-11 18:11:21

I agree with lubey I'm afraid. Very slim and flat chested could look lovely, large breasts would make it look quite frumpy I think.

Absolutely no. I'm 5'2, size 12 and 32E and I would look beyond dreadful in something like that.

GaramMasalaGirl Wed 07-Sep-11 18:37:12

It's a gorgeous top, I love it.....I think it's at least worth a try on to see what it actually looks like? Non? You can always send it back it if makes your norks look ridiculous.

Go on.....give it a go and let us know how you got on

flack Wed 07-Sep-11 18:48:08

I would think the high neck will make a short person look scrunched up, esp. with combo of large norks. I am tall with smallish breasts & know it would be hideous on me.

Er, elderly, short & apple shaped but not large norked, it might suit?

gregssausageroll Wed 07-Sep-11 18:51:02

If you are large of nork it will make you look much bigger.

LauraMercier Wed 07-Sep-11 19:03:26

I have it - I got it in the sale, just trying to decide whether to return it or not. It's actually far too big but I love it SO much I was going to take it to a seamstress to ask if she could take it in a little. I might take a photo and put it on my profile. My DH says everything looks 'nice' so he's no help!

I so wanted you all to say it would be fine! Arse. It's just so lovely and unlike anything else I own. Arse, arse, arse. Fecking norks.

I'm 5'1, 12/14, 32 FF. It's bound to look shite isn't it?

HellonHeels Wed 07-Sep-11 19:56:47

Sorry I have to agree with the majority on this thread -I don't think this is a top for anyone with larger breasts.

Even in the pic it looks quite 'balloon-ey'. Having it puffing out over large boobs would IMO be very unflattering.

LauraMercier Wed 07-Sep-11 20:22:46

Sweet baby jesus! Took a photo and its ghastly. Thank god i didnt leave the house in it. Thanls ladies.

What lovely thing are you going to buy instead, now we've saved you from a puffy bloused related disaster? smile

LauraMercier Wed 07-Sep-11 21:12:51

Well I'm still holding out some hope that the seamstress might be able to transform it into something more fitted. I love the print so much! In my head I am obviously a 6" size 8 Amazonian blonde.

Failing a transformation - I have £40 - £60 to spend on a top - ideally one that will do for work and possibly for a night out - any suggestions?

this is the actual top

HallnotOates Wed 07-Sep-11 21:15:06

i like the one that was in the mn mail out
warehouse bird thing - maroony
and i like the Mint velvet black sheer blouse ( also birdy)

JOhn lewis have 20% off atm

lots also as ever in zara

flack Thu 08-Sep-11 14:20:20

You need Trinny & Susannah?
Failing that, this looks like good advice for short of large norkage.

BerylStreep Thu 08-Sep-11 15:24:04

Glad you have seen the light. It would look like my granny's tea cosy on anyone with big boobs.

TracyK Thu 08-Sep-11 15:41:46

Have you tried it on under a jacket or a cardi?

Even a wee denim jacket?

I tried on the same style last year in a smokey grey colour and I loved it - though was a bit too tight over my boobs. But I thought the wee flower at the neck was very flattering on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now