Talk

Advanced search

Origins cleansers and toners

(6 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Wed 07-Sep-11 17:48:04

Hello beautiful people.

Now my ageing 49 year old skin has gone from sensitive to super-sensitive in recently and it has got to the stage where I cannot have any water on my face at all without causing irritation and a dry red itchy patch on my forehead. So I'm no longer going to use any kind of face wash or wash-off cleanser and am going back to old fashioned creamy cleanser and cotton wool.

What do we think of Origins products? I had some moisturiser for "seriously upset skin" from them a while ago, and I really rated it.

Any other suggestions for cleansers for super-sensitive but not necessarily dry skin? I can't hot cloth it off, its got to come off with cotton wool.

Thanks lovelies.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 07-Sep-11 18:34:18

I used to work for the company that owns Origins, and tried quite a few of the products - but never tried them a 2nd time; I just didn't rate them!

I think you NEED Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser. Well, obvs, you don't need it, but it was my first thought for your cleanser dilemma. I always have some in, and it is really, really mild. I usually wash it off, but you can cotton wool/tissue it off also.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 07-Sep-11 18:35:16

To clarify 'mild' - it is gentle, but yet effective!

Gillybobs Wed 07-Sep-11 18:38:10

I'd say Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - no competition! Liz created the brand as her skin was so sensitive she couldnt find a suitable product . It's amazing stuff with a cult following. V V gentle but gives amazing results

brighthair Wed 07-Sep-11 18:42:59

Second dermalogica ultra calm
For less expensive, lush 9-5 is great

Clarabumps Wed 07-Sep-11 20:05:29

I use origins skincare regime and I have seen a total turn around in my skin. My skin was really volatile and prone to outbreaks, dryness etc and mahoosive spots.
I now use..Never a dull moment cleansing wash-amazing!!!cannot praise enough.
Mega mushroom skin relief- day cream
Night a mins oil free night cream
mega mushroom toner- Apply to a wet cotton pad the teeniest amount.
Out of trouble face mask- super nourishing and doesn/t cause break outs after using it.
I cannot emphasise enough how much I love this skincare range- it actually has changed my skin..
I'd go to a counter and speak to a consultant, or give them a phone and discuss your needs.
hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now