Talk

Advanced search

Lip Gloss

(7 Posts)
Fuzzled Wed 07-Sep-11 10:09:15

I did a huge long post about my reasons, and then realised that really, no one cares about my reasons! grin

I'm on the hunt for a lip gloss that I can wear every day now that I'm starting to feel more me and less "nothing but a mum", and am looking for recommendations.

I'd like it to be quite light weight on the lips, not look like I'm wearing make-up - so not these "drench" products, but have a bit of a tint to it - probably a heathery tone as my complexion is quite fair, but pinky undertones. And relatively cheap as blush I am a bit prone to cold sores when stressed, so may have to chuck out if I don't notice a tingle confused.

Anyone got a magic one that does all of this? grin

Pinot Wed 07-Sep-11 10:18:50

Yes I really do! I have gazillions of lipsticks and lip glosses - Lancome, Bobbi Brown, No7 and everything in between. The best I've found that looks natural (not Jordan esque) and is a fair price too - is Max Factor Vibrant Curve Effect. The colour 14 Majeste is an amazing natural shade and makes teeth look white. It's not sticky either and doesn't attach your hair like a moustache. It's my go-to idiot proof gloss now. Highly, highly recommend.

Pinot Wed 07-Sep-11 10:20:45

The colour Majeste on the Boots website is yack but trust me, it's fab. Sheer colour.

JosieRosie Wed 07-Sep-11 10:24:28

Some branches of Superdrug sell Accessorize makeup. The lipglosses are lovely - nice tropical smell, cool packaging, only £3! The colours look a bit shocking in the tube but are lovely and sheer on your lips. They last quite well too. I have used Scandal (sheer coral) and Fanclub (purple/pink).

warmandwooly Wed 07-Sep-11 11:22:43

I would say that (although not cheap) Clinique tinted balm which imo is pretty lip gloss esq and comes in a selection of shades. What about Boots natural collection which are pretty cheap so that you can replace cheaply. Also not quite a gloss but vaseline have a product called Rosy Lips with a natural pinky rose colour. You could buy a small pot and decant a reasonable amount in and chuck when a cold sore occurs and just take more from the original tin and repeat.

Fuzzled Wed 07-Sep-11 15:41:14

Update:
Had a nice trip to Boots and have ended up with Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Cosmic.

The Max Factor was okay, but the Rimmel was a bit less glittery on my hand. Also Rimmel was cheaper, so that swung it for me. grin Paid with points too, so feeling virtuous! wink

bebemad Wed 07-Sep-11 15:43:04

I love this one!

www.boots.com/en/Clarins-Instant-Light-Natural-Lip-Perfector_36455/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now