Talk

Advanced search

Shoes/accessories for this dress- 60's theme

(5 Posts)
wheeldog Wed 07-Sep-11 05:26:47

Help please! I am going to the Goodwood revival in 2 weeks. People tend to dress up in vintage clothes (40s to 60's) as it is a vintage car race day.

www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/welcome.aspx

I have bought this dress:

www.asos.com/Jovonna/Jovonna-60S-Flower-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1585144&SearchQuery=60%27s%20dress&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Cream

I had been planning to wear them with some platform white go-go boots, but the dress is much longer than I thought. It goes to my knees, as I'm only 5 ft 2 and the model has legs up to her armpits. It's also a cream colour, and all the go-go boots seem to come in a shiny PVC white.

www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/20469297/Platform-Boots-White-Fancy-Dress-Shoes/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518%7Ccat:20469297%7Cprd:20469297

Would the boots go? Should I wear kitten heels instead? Any other ideas?

I bought a big flowery fascinator thing to wear in my hair - sound ok?

also, it's getting chilly now, what can I wear with it to keep warm? A wrap?

Suggestions greatfully received.

SofaQueen Wed 07-Sep-11 06:24:00

No to the boots or kitten heels. I would wear a shoe with a chunky heel like this one.

If you are cold, a very 60s thing to wear would be white tights.

wheeldog Wed 07-Sep-11 20:40:37

Thanks Sofaqueen, will have a look around as I think the heel is a bit high for me, will fall over!

tethersend Wed 07-Sep-11 23:33:22

Mustard tights and these shoes

wheeldog Thu 08-Sep-11 20:32:02

Like it! Thank you... just bought a pair of court shoes, not quite so vintagey looking but available in my size. And have ordered mustard tights. Looking forward to trying it all on together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now