Talk

Advanced search

i'd like some boots liek these, but cheaper

(23 Posts)
carriedababi Tue 06-Sep-11 23:33:48

here

doesn't have to have the doube zip, but i'm after tall flat boots.
i do have 2o pounds worth of boden vouchers and thnk theres a20% code around.

perhaps thats teh cheapest i will get something liek these?

blueskydrinking Wed 07-Sep-11 12:33:23

Which size are you? The girls sizes go up to 39 and I really want some but my best friend is the one who pointed this out to me and we'll look a bit special in matching boots!

Might not be tall enough for you, though?

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Girls-Shoes-Boots/39078-BRN/Girls-Cocoa-Tall-Leather-Boots.html

blueskydrinking Wed 07-Sep-11 12:33:43

Over £100 cheaper, though!

DreamsOfSteam Wed 07-Sep-11 12:41:27

I used to working a clothes shop and the style of those looks like a brand we used to sell called Marco Tozzi. I think they sell them at www.bonprixsecure.com
or you could just try and google marco tozzi

carriedababi Wed 07-Sep-11 13:44:19

oh i'm only a size 4, hadn't thought of getting girls ones before.
thanks for the links

carriedababi Wed 07-Sep-11 14:52:40

great idea about the girls ones but they won't be tall enough.

YossarianLives Thu 08-Sep-11 12:31:47

Well I took the plunge yesterday and bought the girls boots in tan! I hope they're nice, although they were a real bargain with the 20% off code and free delivery/returns. Hope they fit my sparrow-like calves grin

carriedababi Thu 08-Sep-11 12:38:34

oh lucky you with sparriw calves!
will you take a pic of them on your legs for me to see when ypu get them?

YossarianLives Thu 08-Sep-11 14:51:43

Ooooh-er matron wink. I could charge good money for that not really. Yes I will upload a pic when they arrive, if I remember smile

PottyRefusnik Thu 08-Sep-11 15:07:56

I've been boot shopping this week, these are the ones I've seen that look a little like the Boden ones you linked to. I've only looked at highstreet shops because I have wide fat legs so can't online order boots otherwise I spend a month posting them all back after failing to squeeze my calves in!

M&S £85

M&S £95

M&S £89

Next £75

Next, again £75

Next £90

carriedababi Fri 09-Sep-11 09:25:24

oh thanks for all the links pottysmile
i like the riding style ones one m an s best.

i think i'll go and try them on.

what ones do you think you'll go for?

PottyRefusnik Fri 09-Sep-11 10:37:59

I ended up getting some black ones that are really similar to the M&S £85 ones, but I got them in a local independent shop in the end and can't find a link to them anywhere.

I was really pleased to find a pair that had a slim foot and ankle but a reasonably wide leg fitting. I couldn't decide between black and brown but I went for black in the end because I'm more likely to know what can/can't go with them. I love the riding boots style, its nice and simple. I've worn them out twice now and had lots of compliments on them.

carriedababi Fri 09-Sep-11 10:41:45

oh thanks potty , they are the ones i like best.

PottyRefusnik Fri 09-Sep-11 10:50:38

The problem is that I keep seeing dresses and skirts and thinking 'now that would look good with my boots...' so I think the boots will end up more expensive than I realised!

carriedababi Fri 09-Sep-11 15:07:20

lol!

oh i really need a whole new wardrobe!

carriedababi Fri 09-Sep-11 15:08:13

do you have any links to any dresses you have seen? think i'll try and get a nice wrap dress this year

PottyRefusnik Fri 09-Sep-11 19:08:11

Carrie I'll be back on later to post some dress links grin

I need an entire wardrobe too, I've lost some weight and have nothing that fits. I've gone from a Next size 18-20 to a Next 12-14 with a little more to lose still.

Unfortunately, starting from virtually scratch again is pretty expensive so I'm having to buy cheaper brands than I would normally and then once I have a respectable amount of clothes I will start gradually replacing my stop-gap clothes with nicer ones. Of course, I keep seeing nice expensive things though!!

carriedababi Fri 09-Sep-11 19:26:31

oh wow well done you!
hwo did oyu achieve that?

goodplan about getting some cheaper brand stop gap clothes.

im in a similar situation as we are ttc, so i dont really want to spend loads on a load of new clothes that won't fit me after having another baby, well thats if it actually happens of course.
im a good half a stone heavier than i was before i ha my dd and my shapes changed bit too.

so want me figure to settle down after having another before spending much

but still need a few bits inbetween!

bloody pain being female!
men dont have these issues!

PottyRefusnik Fri 09-Sep-11 20:03:45

I joined slimming world and its been great. I put on 4 stone over two pregnancies, back to back with only 6 months in between them. Two stone per pregnancy. Got 1 stone left to lose now.

Right, these are the ones I've been checking out on the cheaper end of the spectrum:

Matalan £20 Stripey Dress. Looks awful on the picture but looked great on, it just skimmed over any lumps and bumps and was v flattering.
Matalan £18 Shift Dress. Again, looked better on than in the picture, thought easy to accessorise (sp?) picking up on the red detail
Peacocks £35 Print Dress. Again the fabric was very flattering
Peacocks £25 Wrap Style Dress. Though it was a wrap dress, on closer inspection it isn't but I liked it a lot.
Peacocks £20 Long Sleeve Dress. Like the colours a lot and a good price
Peacocks Ponte Skirt £14. Really like the look of it but my local store doesn't have them in so haven't seen it.
Matalan £14 Navy Kilt. Loved this but it was too short for me
Next £28 Box Pleat Skirt. Love this, nice length and love the colour
Next £28 Kilt Skirt. Love this kilt but bet its too short for me
New Look £19.99 Denim Skirt Good length and fitted well with a good cut for the price
New Look £22.99 Box Pleat Skirt. Really similar to the Next Teal skirt but a bit cheaper, in red and chestnut.

Whilst its frustrating to limit myself to cheaper shops, its not too bad because I'm not too fussed about them lasting well because hopefully next winter I'll be a size smaller again grin

The problem is that having cleared my wardrobe of things that are
a) maternity
b) too big
c) granny-ish
I am left with nothing so my budget for buying winter clothes has had to go out of the window!

carriedababi Sat 10-Sep-11 12:52:17

ohyou've done so well.
i prefer dresses as i find them easierin terms of you just sling one item of clothing on and no need to think does this top do with these bottoms!

i really like your choice, think my fav is the zig zag

PottyRefusnik Sat 10-Sep-11 13:21:07

You're right, dresses are easier because they are a complete outfit in one. I haven't been brave enough to buy one yet though. People aren't used to seeing me in a dress and I worry I will look a bit daft. Doesn't stop me eyeing them up though!

carriedababi Sat 10-Sep-11 16:33:16

how funny you should say that about people not used to seeing you in dresses, so that might make you feel funny.

i think peopel would notice, if i was wearing a skirt mainly because i never wear them.

ElsieMc Sat 10-Sep-11 16:59:57

I had some bought me very much like these, only with a plainer sole. Bought for me by my partner from River Island, nice leather, size four and cost around £95. I wouldn't have looked in there, but my teenage DD2 made the suggestion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now