Talk

Advanced search

Which is better: moisturiser with SPF or foundation with SPF?

(10 Posts)
peggotty Tue 06-Sep-11 17:39:29

Have recently started using boots no.7 anti-dark spot facial sun protection but it has brought me out in horrendous spots all along my jawline and even down into my neck. Totally peed off about it but want to carry on using some kind of SPF, so need to decide whether moisturiser or foundation is best. Any opinions? I have combination skin and am prone to hormonal spots.

40notTrendy Tue 06-Sep-11 17:45:57

Clinique city block good over moisturiser.

MrsBloomingTroll Tue 06-Sep-11 18:14:02

Agree with City Block.

peggotty Tue 06-Sep-11 19:46:37

Ta will have a look. Was hoping to cut out need for separate SPF though as think my skin might get 'bogged down' with moisturiser, then separate SPF, then foundation...

40notTrendy Tue 06-Sep-11 19:49:49

City block oil free (I get awful shiny forehead) and smoothes skin out a bit too, it's vaguely tinted I think.

AnaisB Tue 06-Sep-11 19:51:28

I get funny "under the skin spots" with moisturiser with SPF. Mineral powder foundation works for me.

greenink Tue 06-Sep-11 22:05:30

I use avene's hydrance optimale (sp?) moisturiser which has spf20 and makeup with a light SPF, maybe 10 or so. Would't sunbathe in it but seems to protect my pale skin without causing irritation.

MsHighwater Tue 06-Sep-11 22:08:57

I use Superdrug Vitamin E moisturiser with spf 15. Light, non-greasy and only £1.99 for 100ml (used to be 125ml).

VivaLeBeaver Tue 06-Sep-11 22:11:12

Beauty scribbler says to use foundation with SPF not moisturiser. Can't remember why but she said it's bad for your skin to use moisturiser with it. However I use olay total effects moisturiser with SPF and my skin is fine.

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 06-Sep-11 22:39:47

I have always used a tinted moisturiser with a 15 SPF. Currently use Sunlit by Chanel which is lovely and about £30. It lasts me 6 months and I use it every day. Oh and I mix it with a bit of Clarins moisturiser with a 15 SPF too to make it a bit thinner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now