Talk

Advanced search

Views, please, on these boots with dresses

(13 Posts)
polyhymnia Tue 06-Sep-11 13:09:29

Planning to add to winter wardrobe with 1 or 2 Boden dresses while 20% off offer around. Likely to be either this, in colourway shown (but sadly am not as slim or young as model!):

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH281/Womens-Double-Layer-Knot-Dress.html

and/or this in brown leeaf colour way:

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH276/Womens-Ruched-Waist-Jersey-Dress.html

and this in colour shown:

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH287/Womens-Pleated-Hem-Knit-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

Then need some long, flat black boots to go with dresses. Have found Fitflop boots very comfortable in past so have been looking at these from their new range:

www.shoetique.co.uk/womens-c1/boots-c6/fitflop-fitflop-boot-hooper-tall-black-p730

Are they OK, or are they too clumpy/frumpy, and I should look elsewhere?

TIA.

JustAnother Tue 06-Sep-11 13:24:57

Personally I don't like them together. I like the boots and the dresses, but not together

fishie Tue 06-Sep-11 13:26:22

shorter dresses if clumpy boots i think. can't you do above the knee?

CeliaFate Tue 06-Sep-11 13:26:58

I agree with JustAnother the boots are too clumpy to wear with a dress.

CeliaFate Tue 06-Sep-11 13:29:14

These are a bit better if you want a chunky boot imho.

polyhymnia Tue 06-Sep-11 13:43:23

Thanks for views so far.

I do prefer my dresses to be on rather than above knee, specially when wearing with opaques and pumps, which I'll also be doing. What about these Boden boots, which also have 20% off??

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Flat-Boots/AZ134/Womens-Favourite-Boots.html?NavGroupID=11

Have never tried Boden boots but perhaps others have?

switchtvoffdosomelessboring Tue 06-Sep-11 13:50:57

The Boden boots are ok, but for the price I would want to be madly in love with them.

as ok and less than half the price

schuh ones

Insomnia11 Tue 06-Sep-11 14:12:37

Personally I'd go for these type of dresses to wear with those boots, or indeed any boots:

tinyurl.com/4yk9f7r

Though I'm not massively keen on the boots, I'd go more for this style:

www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Glaze-by-Adi-Womens-Tall-Back-zip-Boots/5171479/product.html

Insomnia11 Tue 06-Sep-11 14:14:28

Though the dresses are nice in themselves, but they are more the type I'd wear with smart shoes, personally.

switchtvoffdosomelessboring Tue 06-Sep-11 14:19:49

Insomnia, those boots you link are not bad at all and I love the price. Have you bought from there before?

geraldinetheluckygoat Tue 06-Sep-11 14:33:55

Insomnia, I love those knitted dresses, which are really reasonably priced, and I REALLY love the prices on the boots in your second link grin

Insomnia11 Tue 06-Sep-11 16:28:05

Have bought from DP online lots, find them very good but never from the boots place, I just googled "riding style boots" or something and it came up. They do seem very cheap! smile I just didn't want to put two links from DP in case you thought I worked for them or something...

I have a couple of knitted dresses, I particularly like the styles with the pattern at the top.

polyhymnia Tue 06-Sep-11 17:55:58

Thanks for the thoughts.

In fact, I have an M and S Autograph Weekend dress quite like one of those DP ones (but dearer!):

www.marksandspencer.com/Autograph-Weekend-Fair-Dress-Cashmere/dp/B0054MH606?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_17&nodeId=161201031&sr=1-17&qid=1315328013

and your various comments have made me think I should try that with opaque tights and chunky boots, even though it's not quite on my knee.

Also see what you mean about shoes with the Boden dresses, Insomnia - specially the two patterned drapy styles. Will have a bit of a re-think on those lines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now