Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find stylish V-neck knitted tank tops?

(17 Posts)
bunjies Tue 06-Sep-11 11:37:47

Looking for some stylish tank tops (in other words sleeveless jumpers) suitable for the office. I have got into wearing white or coloured shirts with pencil skirts or slim fit trews but don't like wearing cardis with them as it looks a bit too mumsy but want something to keep me warm as office is freezing. Where can I find some in a fine wool or cotton preferably?

bunjies Wed 07-Sep-11 12:11:57

Anyone...? Or do stylish ones just not exist?!

blueskydrinking Wed 07-Sep-11 12:37:48

I haven't come across any yet but I like your style!!

thehairybabysmum Wed 07-Sep-11 12:59:24

GAP and M&S do them, not always V necked but they still look nice for work (i have massive norks too so generally favour a v neck). I wear your proposed combo a lot for work!

White stuff and fat face also sometimes do them too.

thehairybabysmum Wed 07-Sep-11 13:04:13

Also this style of knit here also looks nice over a long sleeve shirt so dont rule out cap sleeves. If it is a cardi like this i just leave the buttons done up and treat it as a top rather than a cardi.

Zara normally do a crew neck short sleeve knit that looks good over work shirts.

bunjies Thu 08-Sep-11 11:04:07

Thanks for the replies. I do that buttoned up cardi thing too but just have a hankering for a tank top as I already have a number of cardigans.

MrsTittleMouse Thu 08-Sep-11 11:10:57

Something like this perhaps -
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Knitwear/Jumpers/WK671/Womens-Cashmere-Tank.html?NavGroupID=6
It is £££ though, because it's cashmere.

GAP did a great twinset last year in merino wool (and you could buy tank top and cardi separately) but I can't find it on the website this year. Perhaps they would have it in store?

HallnotOates Thu 08-Sep-11 11:11:21

not boden
theya re shit

try kew

MrsTittleMouse Thu 08-Sep-11 11:12:50

Ooo, just searched "twinset" and found this
www.pringlescotland.com/cashmere-jersey-sleeveless-top/twinsets/luxury-fashion-knitwear/fcp-product/49
which comes in fab colours, but is also cashmere and unfortunately even more £££.

HallnotOates Thu 08-Sep-11 11:16:51

www.kew159.com/fcp/product/womens-clothing/jumpers/Button-Side-Knit-Top/99903052

MrsTittleMouse Thu 08-Sep-11 11:21:57

This one is a bit cheaper and is cotton and wool mix -
www.laredoute.co.uk/vest-top-30-wool.htm?ProductId=324223221&t=6

CaptainNancy Thu 08-Sep-11 11:35:46

I have them from gap, h&m, white stuff, sainsburys tu range, and white company... I am always cold, and actually wear a cardigan over too in winter.

DS has a boden one that was handed down to us, but the wool isn't particularly soft tbh.

JennyPiccolo Thu 08-Sep-11 11:42:07

I had a pringle one when i worked in an office. Try oxfam site?

fiorentina Thu 08-Sep-11 16:27:32

I used to get roundneck ones from Jigsaw, they were very silky and actually could be worn as a top or a tank top, always looked good in the office. Hopefully they'll do them again this season.

bunjies Fri 09-Sep-11 11:28:32

Not a huge fan of Boden for grown ups and the price is shock. Got really excited about the La Redoute one but not inspired by the colours.

Bugger, they must be sold somewhere in a range of lovely colours.

bunjies Fri 09-Sep-11 11:37:14

Ooh look what I've found.

LaDolcheRyvita Fri 09-Sep-11 12:01:37

Nice.... I wear these a lot. Thanks for the Woolovers site!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now