Talk

Advanced search

That nice n easy hair dye mousse stuff, is it any good?

(8 Posts)

My hair really needs colouring again but i just don't have the 2-3 hours nor the 50quid spare to do it! So i was thinking i could do it myself, with the said mousse stuff. Has anyone used it before and is it any good?

dottyaboutstripes Tue 06-Sep-11 11:21:11

I used it and thought it was ok (used it for the same reasons you've mentioned)

DH of course said he couldn't tell the difference to when I get it done at the hairdressers. I suppose that was because he preferred the £5 as opposed to £50!

drcrab Tue 06-Sep-11 11:22:34

I've started to use it as an alternative to spending 3 hours and 3-figure sums at the hairdressers! I can't remember which one I've used but the 10 min ones that cover grey work really well. smile

Awomancalledhorse Tue 06-Sep-11 11:26:40

The smell of the mousse stuff is much stronger than normal home hair dye (IMO), I can't use it as it makes my eyes sting.
Aside from that, really isn't much difference compared to the usual home hair dye!

ooh so it's quite good then? I may go and get some later! I was half expecting people to say it was a load of shite and not to bother!

So would you recommend it for home hair dye virgins such as myself?

drcrab Tue 06-Sep-11 12:05:00

yup!

Awomancalledhorse Tue 06-Sep-11 13:35:25

Yep!
If you've got long/thick hair, it helps to have someone else 'check over' that you've covered everywhere (DH normally puts the dye on for me).

areyoutheregoditsmemargaret Tue 06-Sep-11 15:23:24

V interested in this

How do you choose the right colour?

Do you need to have someone check over if you're just doing roots?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now