Talk

Advanced search

what top to wear with my new pencil skirt

(16 Posts)
whoneedssleepanyway Tue 06-Sep-11 10:16:48

I have bought a new pencil skirt, it probably sounds vile but isn't grin

it is navy blue lace (quite heavy lace) with a black grossgrain ribbon waist band. I have navy patent courts from LKB to wear with it for work but am a bit stuck on top half.

I think it needs a fitted top that can tuck into waist band but not sure on colour or material....any ideas, will see if I can find a pic of the skirt it is from J Crew.

Thanks smile

warmandwooly Tue 06-Sep-11 13:35:35

Trying to imagine the skirt in my mind closes eyes, thinks hard what about a pussybow bluse in satin or chiffon. I am sure that there was a pussy bow blouse on This Morning today from Littlewoods

tethersend Tue 06-Sep-11 18:02:31

This would work well

I'd wear it with a really plain black silk t-shirt and a black fitted blazer - but I like black!

MissBeehiving Tue 06-Sep-11 18:49:52

Ooh, I think lace skirts for autumn are fab. I'm dithering between a couple of navy blue ones but I'll be wearing it with silk t shirt - either navy or cream/white.

Havingkittens Tue 06-Sep-11 18:58:52

I was also going to suggest pussybow blouse. Maybe in pale peach, cream or gold. Mustard is nice too (as posted by tethers) if it suits you but it's not for everyone. I'd look vile in anything mustard.

cerealqueen Tue 06-Sep-11 22:49:55

I'd got for a nice fitted boat neck top, if i could find one for you!

mythical Tue 06-Sep-11 22:53:01

as suggested before a pussybow blouse would look nice or something in this style

www.glassworks-studios.com/product/cac10015/?siteID=0RpXOIXA500-4KdZUi663HcdIl24DgTj2w

mythical Tue 06-Sep-11 22:54:11

copy paste the link instead of clicking - it works.

SofaQueen Wed 07-Sep-11 06:11:44

How about a silky shirt with a sparkly peter pan collar? Or, a polo neck sitted jumper?

SofaQueen Wed 07-Sep-11 06:12:17

I meant, of course, fitted !

brookeslay Wed 07-Sep-11 15:26:36

silky blouse or just a long sleeve silk blouse seen a dkny net a porter that is lovely also Zara do similar.

AbsDuWolef Wed 07-Sep-11 15:50:30

crisp white cotton button down shirt

(tis what I rock with navy blue skirts)

whoneedssleepanyway Sun 11-Sep-11 07:44:47

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Am loving the skirt and worn it several times but haven't got the perfect top yet.

Tethers sadly mustard looks vile on me, and Remus black does me no favours either.

I am liking the idea of a silky blouse will keep my eyes peeled, and also silky t-shirt to keep it more casual. Would have linked a pic to the skirt but cannot for the life of me find it anywhere, it isn't on J Crew website at the mo.

Thanks all.

whoneedssleepanyway Sun 11-Sep-11 07:47:03

Mythical - love that blouse!

LauraMercier Sun 11-Sep-11 08:15:55

Have a look at oasis, i just bought a beautiful ivory silk blouse, its quite fitted and looks lovely tucked in, it's a really great top, on phone so cant easily link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now