Talk

Advanced search

Is it really sad to buy the same dress in two colours ??

(47 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Mon 05-Sep-11 22:01:48

I bought a dress for a wedding this year and loved it. It was really flattering and hid a multitude of sins. I've probably got a couple of weddings to go to next year (one confirmed and possibly another two) and have now noticed the same dress in a different colour.

Would it be really sad to buy it now or is that just a bit too dull and boring ?

ImperialBlether Mon 05-Sep-11 22:02:44

I think we need to see the dress in both colours before we can decide!

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 05-Sep-11 22:05:10

Ok smile

new colour

original colour

Is the red one too much for a wedding ??

Northumberlandlass Mon 05-Sep-11 22:12:14

Tilly, I read your OP and just knew which dress you were talking about. I LOVE the Verity dress, it is the most flattering dress i have ever worn smile

However, whilst I loved the original colour, I'm not so sure about the 'new' one. I suppose it would depend on your colouring. It really wouldn't suit me.

I just wish they had brought it out in green...

So my answer is, no I don't think it is dad at all, I would of bought it myself if another colour x

Northumberlandlass Mon 05-Sep-11 22:13:02

That was meant to say "I don't think it is sad at all"...bloody iPhone & corrective texting !

RandomMess Mon 05-Sep-11 22:15:15

Wish they did it in a petite fitting sad that is gorgeous

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 05-Sep-11 22:15:21

Hmmmm - I know what you mean. I do like red. I wore it for my own wedding (see profile pics) so I hope it suits my colouring but I'm just not sure its just a bit too "look at me" for someone elses wedding iyswim ?

I agree its the most flattering dress ever though.

partyhats Mon 05-Sep-11 22:16:33

Not at all, but this is coming from the person who bought every colour Bennetton wool polo neck made between 1999 and 2004.
I have also just bought the same Zara cardigan in 3 colours!

TrillianAstra Mon 05-Sep-11 22:16:42

Nice dress.

But for multiple weddings, where there will be lots of pictures taken, will it be really obvious that you are wearing the same thing?

Northumberlandlass Mon 05-Sep-11 22:19:23

Tilly, don't think I can view profiles on my iPhone. Will do in the morning, but if you wore red to your wedding, then i assume it suits you.

I should maybe i have a look in store...it didn't look bright red on website more pinky...

rookiemater Mon 05-Sep-11 22:20:03

Ooh I didn't know they had brought it out in another colour. No I don't think it would be too obvious for a wedding, by the time you rule out white and black I don't think anyone can take the hump for red unless they were very precious.

Mumsnut Mon 05-Sep-11 22:21:11

We need to see a picture of you in the original dress before we can say yes.

LeBOF Mon 05-Sep-11 22:23:25

It's GORGEOUS, you must buy it.

Fontsnob Mon 05-Sep-11 22:25:36

OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh, thats so pretty, buy it or you will regret it. Really, I love it!

Fontsnob Mon 05-Sep-11 22:27:55

And I just looked at your profile pictures and as you are very pretty I can imagine you will look amazing in both of them!

budgieshell Mon 05-Sep-11 22:29:15

The number of times I wish I had bought more things in different colours. Some times even the same colour for when the old one gets ruined. These dresses look so different because the colours are so different. You can't beat an outfit that makes you feel good.

GossipWitch Mon 05-Sep-11 22:29:22

I've brought 4 dresses in the same style and different colour before, I really liked the cut smile

KristinaM Mon 05-Sep-11 22:31:03

Tilly, how is it size wise? I am tempted, especially as john lewis have it at 20% off

Tommy Mon 05-Sep-11 22:32:39

I think it's very sensible if you find a comfortable dress which is flattering and smart. You can always wear dfferent accessories to dress them up.
It's a gorgeous dress smile

rubyrubyruby Mon 05-Sep-11 22:33:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 05-Sep-11 22:38:15

Thank you all. I have ordered it (got a 20% off code for phase 8 website if anyone wants it). The first wedding isn't until March !!

Kristina - I'd say its pretty true to size. I generally wear 16 tops and 14 bottoms and ordered the size 16 dress.

Mumsnut - I don't have any photos of me in the other one. I'm a bit rubbish at remembering to take pics when drunk at weddings. I did see myself in a couple of the official wedding photos and I was pleased with how I looked for a change smile

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 05-Sep-11 22:39:26

Oh - and thank you Fontsnob blush smile

PattySimcox Mon 05-Sep-11 22:57:31

Lovely dress.

Apparently Nigella Lawson only buys one or two styles of dress in different colours as she knows what flatters her body shape.

CointreauVersial Mon 05-Sep-11 23:00:46

Nice dress! And I prefer the red to the original colour, so there.

Mumsnut Tue 06-Sep-11 17:02:30

OK, we need to see a picture of you in the NEW dress then, to inspire us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now