Talk

Advanced search

Help me, I'm clueless. colour combination

(8 Posts)
TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 05-Sep-11 19:05:52

Would a bright red tunic go with plum purple trousers?

If not, would the bright red tunic go with bright red (same shade) trousers, or would I look like a tomato?

Other trouser choices would be black (but I'd have to wash them grin which is why I'm trying to be creative), grey, white <shudder> or brown.

animula Mon 05-Sep-11 19:49:24

A lot of reds look very good with blue and fawn, so navy trousers, jeans, chinos. Can you wear it with black leggings?

If you already have the trousers, can you not just try the tunic on with them? Or is it an on-line "maybe" purchase, and you are trying to decide? In that case, you may have to purchase it and see, since it will be hard to tell the exact type of red it is from an on-line picture and thus what it will go with.

Personally, I think red and red sounds a bit alarming but that's without seeing them together.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 05-Sep-11 19:51:50

No, I have them all and I'm looking at them (red and purple) and it's one of those times when you can't decide if it looks great or bloody awful, iyswim grin

I do have dark blue trousers lurking in the back of the wardrobe, now you mention it.

YouDoTheMath Mon 05-Sep-11 19:53:55

Personally I think you'd get away with plum if it was a really DEEP plum.

YouDoTheMath Mon 05-Sep-11 19:55:40

Anyway, isn't colour blocking meant to be in at the mo??

planetpotty Mon 05-Sep-11 19:55:42

No to red and red together its only ok for Santa smile

I like the idea of putting it with black leggings and then maybe a pair of red ballerinas?

Red and purple would be fashionable this season with the colour blocking trend.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 05-Sep-11 20:11:41

Well, I look like santa <sob>

wth is colour blocking? confused

I have some red shoes, but they have, erm, <shuffles feet and looks embarrassed> flowers on them (stitched, not actual grin) God knows what I was thinking

planetpotty Mon 05-Sep-11 20:39:48

blush

Red and red together like that would prob be too much but its v hard to say without seeing it - if you think it works go for it - aint nobody can dictate your style.

Colour blocking is like bright colours put together in blocks so bright red top and purple trousers for example, rather than a more matchy matchy outfit of the same colours and tones etc I suppose it is almost a clash of colours. Its a really fun trend, I like it and its easy to and cheap to do.

Ha if you want a really honest oppinion ......... ask your kids smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now