Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can we talk about your make-up best-buys?

(18 Posts)
YouDoTheMath Mon 05-Sep-11 11:57:16

So what's your favourite item of all time, the one you just can't be without?

(Sorry - I know my threads tend to sound a bit market-reseachy, but honestly I'm just interested as I'm a complete makeup geek.)

I think mine would be MAC Painpot in Painterly (keeps the eyeshadow in place), Nars blushes in Orgasm and Albatross, and I'm loving my new Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser.

MissBeehiving Mon 05-Sep-11 12:05:47

Bobbi Brown cheek and lip tints
Bobbi Brown corrector and concealers
Urban Decay eyeshadow primer
Urban Decay "Naked" eyeshadow - all in the pallette are good but that one is particularly good
Avon Magix primer
Avon Glimmersticks
Benefit erase paste
Benefit powderflage

I really like the new Garnier BB cream. Brilliant value for the £££

whoneedssleepanyway Mon 05-Sep-11 12:16:01

I have just bought Benefit smokin eyes and it is fab.

Dior forever foundation also great and Bobbi brown shimmer brick in beige.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 05-Sep-11 12:18:01

Loreal studio secrets primer
Benefit dandelion powder

Gillybobs Mon 05-Sep-11 12:18:58

Estee Lauder Doublewear (applied very sparingly with a brush,nothing compares for staying power)
Bobbi Brown Powder Blusher - Apricot or Nectar (gorgeous bright blushers that last)
Rimmel Exaggerate liquid eyeliner, stays put better than any premium brand liquid eyeliner
Dior Diorshow Iconic mascara - just awesome
Bobbi Brown Lipstick - fabulous proper grown up lip colour. I like Nude or Brown

I tried the new Garnier BB cream and was disappointed. Disappeared off my skin within an hour or two : (

nikkinoonoo Mon 05-Sep-11 12:22:29

Clinique anti- blemish solutions foundation , urban decay eye liner in zero and all bourjois eyeshadows, Loreal volume millions mascara and maybelienne concealer sticks! I love make-up woo!

warmandwooly Mon 05-Sep-11 13:58:32

Eve Lom Cleanser (if i am flush), Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser (if - am feeling less flush) or the Hot Cloth Cleanser from Boots
Laura Mercier tinted moisuriser
Nars blush in orgasm
Elizabeth Arden 8 hr cream
Clinique mascara ( high definition I think)

YouDoTheMath Mon 05-Sep-11 14:10:18

Ooh I love the LE Hot Cloth!

ForYourDreamsAreChina Mon 05-Sep-11 15:25:57

Clinique Gente Light loost powder
Clarins Instant Smooth foundation.
Astral instead of night cream. Cheap as chips.

Pippaandpolly Mon 05-Sep-11 15:39:16

Bobbi Brown corrector. Makes me look like a human being in the mornings!

FunnysInTheGarden Mon 05-Sep-11 15:56:28

Chanel Sunlit tinted moisturiser and liquid eyeliner and Lancome Hypnose mascara

peanutsmuggler Mon 05-Sep-11 16:52:05

Max Factor 2000 calorie or masterpiece mascara
Maybelline Liner Express liquid liner

wicketkeeper Mon 05-Sep-11 22:07:19

Lipstick bought in a hurry in duty free on my honeymoon a year ago, when I realised I'd left my favourite lipstick in the handbag I'd used on the Big Day. L'Oreal, very smooth, and by a complete fluke goes fantastically well with my new hair colour.

millie19 Wed 07-Sep-11 22:19:06

Laura Mercier primer - a.m.a.z.I.n.g to put on pre make up. Makes you look airbrushed!
Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara - fab thick wand
Laura Mercier eye liners
Dermalogica sensitive skin treatment foundation if your skin is feeling a bit "teenage"
Nars bronzer or Elizabeth Arden Bronze Goddess
And am a big fan of LE hot cloth cleanser (found the Eve Lom one gave me spots)
And Dermalogica Body Buffing Cloth in the shower every day plus Aveeno moisturiser afterwards. My skin has thanked me for it - soft as you like! And I have a dd of 3.5 and a ds of 21 months so I promise only 30seconds in the shower makes a big difference!

rubyrubyruby Thu 08-Sep-11 10:25:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeavyHeidi Thu 08-Sep-11 10:47:18

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, it's so light and easy to use.
Diorshow mascara is the best.
And Shiseido Eyebrow compact - I have pretty much non-existant eyebrows and this is a total miracle product.

I don't get the LE hot cloth hype, didn't do anything for me. Clarisonic brush with any old cleanser is brilliant though.

ScarletLady01 Thu 08-Sep-11 11:00:39

Urban Decay Primer Potion...keeps eye make-up in place through 12 hours raves and more. I don't leave home without it.

Also, any Mac eye make-up, especially their pigments. I have a contact for samples of them so I don't have to pay silly money for massive pots. The colours are amazing and they blend amazingly.

I'm a big eye make-up person >_<

polyhymnia Thu 08-Sep-11 11:34:59

Laura Mercier and Becca tinted moisturisers, Becca eye tints, Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadows, By Terry cream blush, Bobbi Brown lipshine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now