Talk

Advanced search

High waisted flares....ideas????

(11 Posts)
poppydog2 Sun 04-Sep-11 18:43:27

Am looking for winter jeans and would love some opinions. Want high waisted(essential to help the stomach after 3 kids- low waisted no go) flares. Am himming and hawing over J brand Bette's but as they will blow the budget i wondered if anyone has them and likes them or if anyone has any other ideas?? Thanks!

woopsidaisy Sun 04-Sep-11 22:19:56

Hi poppydog2. Theseare not exactly fashionable as such,but they are great for everyday use with the kids etc. They really hold the tummy in!

totallyshoeless Sun 04-Sep-11 22:46:24

Argh, I have the bette's... I waited for them to go to 30% off in the my wardrobe sale, they ended up at 60% off in the sale but now back at full price... sorry you didn't post before as I'd have told you.
I have only worn mine a couple of times so far sad I do love them but they are incredibly long and I need to get organised and wash them and then get them taken up properly before they go out of fashion again.
They look great with something with a bit of fit on top - I wore with a blazer and a close white top, scarf, huge wedges. There was a famous pic of January Jones totally rocking them with a 70s checked shirt - v casual look.

totallyshoeless Sun 04-Sep-11 22:47:30

PS another thing is, they are pretty tight on the tummy - not sure they are a "forgiving" high waisted jean, if you see what I mean?

FoofFighters Sun 04-Sep-11 22:48:05

I got these from ASOS and they are awesome. It depends what you'll be wearing on your feet though, they are 33 inches and the perfect length for me with flats, I think they would look good with a heel too. They are lighter than they look on the website.

totallyshoeless Sun 04-Sep-11 22:51:50

those are great! what a deal.

FoofFighters Sun 04-Sep-11 22:54:48

I know! I paid £15 for them <shakes fist>

LiveYourBestLife Mon 05-Sep-11 01:48:35

High waisted jeans are painful and pinch when you bend. Flares really should not be considered fashionable, wet weather is coming you just cant stuff em in wellies without suffocating your ankles. Although I bagged a pair of comfortably waisted jeans from the "tall range" at New Look where the waist held me in and no pinching from buttons, zips etc and the fabric was ultra soft.

FoofFighters Mon 05-Sep-11 09:54:35

low-waisted jeans cut right in when you bend too, especially after a couple of pregnancies wink

poppydog2 Mon 05-Sep-11 14:15:41

Asos ones look fab too. What a bargain!!!! Totally agree low waisted jean cut in- i am pretty small but no matter how many pilates classes, sitting ups or blinking miles i run the stomach ain't what it used to be. And at least with high waisted the muffin top is not a worry!! Now off to sob at the missed 60% of bettes....60%????? How did i miss it!!!!

HeifferunderConstruction Mon 05-Sep-11 15:02:00

* marking my place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now