Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Day and night creams for 30 something skin

(25 Posts)
ChablisLover Sun 04-Sep-11 18:28:27

Title says it all

Need recommendations for 30 something skin. Would be normal/ combination with t zone oiliness.

Needs to be reasonably priced though .

Tia

cornsilllk Sun 04-Sep-11 18:33:31

decleor hydra floral and iris oil

wildfig Sun 04-Sep-11 18:39:12

watching with interest - I use Boots Protect & Perfect for day, and Dr Nick Lowe Night Repair cream at night, with P&P serum each time/Liz Earle Superskin when things are looking ropey, but have been thinking maybe I need to step things up as 40 hoves into view.

I recently got through a bottle of that Lancome Genefique but can't honestly say I noticed any difference.

40notTrendy Sun 04-Sep-11 18:45:05

Clarins night cream. Can't remember it's name but it's in a blue tub. Clinique routine for the day. Been doing it for about 6 months, wish I'd discovered it sooner. No more shiny foreheads for me!

cornsilllk Sun 04-Sep-11 18:46:01

I used to use a clarins nightcream but the one in the red tub. It was excellent but ££££

I use Olay Regenerist three point serum and Olay Regenerist moisturiser in the morning.

Origins NightAMins at night - if I remember, which isn't often.

cairnterrier Sun 04-Sep-11 18:47:59

Boots protect and perfect and their eye cream as well. Don't use a night cream.

HTH

LordOfTheFlies Sun 04-Sep-11 19:01:21

Philosophy Hope in a Jar for day

And there is a night one (can't remember name Hope is not Enough ,I think)

I don't use night cream every night, my skin is pretty well behaved (45 yo)

whojimmyflip Sun 04-Sep-11 19:50:12

Neutrogena SPF 25 for day

Rosa mosqueta oil for night

Emo76 Sun 04-Sep-11 19:58:38

Try the Simple range

A day cream with an SPF is according to my friend who studied beauty ESSENTIAL!

Bellavita Sun 04-Sep-11 20:01:18

ByTerry Rose de Gelee - for both day and night. Also use Clinique All About Eyes.

LiveYourBestLife Tue 06-Sep-11 01:17:53

Easily available cheap and cheerful aqueous cream. When taking a bath put it on like a facemask, the warm heat allow your pores to open and deep clean the t zone. Your skin will look and feel refreshed.

echt Tue 06-Sep-11 09:07:08

All the age/day/night stuff is bollocks. Find the one that sits well on your skin, and don't spend too much.

No need at all for cream at night, indeed it softens the skin and encourages wrinkles.

MissKittyEliza Tue 06-Sep-11 09:39:00

Echt.... Is that right? How so? The "counters" all recommend day, night, serum, eye cream malarky!

On an economy drive, I've been trying Aldi stuff. Cannot tell the difference, truth be told!

whojimmyflip Tue 06-Sep-11 09:52:33

someone else on here, Ochtineye (sp) from the advice of her friend a dermatologist mentioned that it is all nonsense -that nothing you put on your skin from over the counter makes a blind bit of difference.

I am inclined to agree - the only thing I have ever seen that makes a difference is the oil cleansing method and not smoking / drinking (in excess).

My DC has eczema and I went to a workshop where they explained how the skin is at its optimum level just after washing (after gentle cleansing) and how you have 3 minutes to moisturise to maintain this level, before it starts to lose its moisture. So I figure the best you can do it moisturise within 3 mins and stuff the antiwrinkle shite.

MrsBloomingTroll Tue 06-Sep-11 10:57:35

whojimmyflip, my dermatologist said the same thing and recommended using an acqueous (sp?) cream like Oilatum or E45.

mrsbleasdale Tue 06-Sep-11 11:00:09

Your dematologist recommeneded E45 and acqueous - good lord! Its dreadful stuff that blocks your skin and stops it breathing due to the crap that's in it. Lots of info if you seach online....even on BBC health about how GP's shouldn;t be prescribing iut for people with skin problems..

wildfig Tue 06-Sep-11 11:15:40

The Dr Hauschka philosophy is not to use night creams - they think anything oil/fat based stops the skin regenerating properly at night and make it dependent on creams, so they have a water-based treatment you're meant to apply after cleansing and toning. I tried it for a while about ten years ago but my skin always felt tight and a bit stressed so I went back to my dependence on Liz Earle.

I don't drink much or smoke and always use tons of sunblock, so I think that's probably had more effect on my skin than Protect and Perfect serum. Also my mother has amazing skin for her age, despite smoking for about forty five years and drinking so much tea her insides are probably the colour of a mahogany sideboard.

ChablisLover Tue 06-Sep-11 18:31:15

Have decided to go old school. Anne French cleanser and nivea. Dad used nivea for years and looks 10 years younger than he is.

TheMonster Tue 06-Sep-11 18:33:42

Body SHop Vit E stuff is ace. They do a night time one too.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Tue 06-Sep-11 18:45:01

i'll second the Lidls day/night creams - they are good and only £1.99 each, I think!

ChablisLover Tue 06-Sep-11 19:38:24

Had been using the aldi version for a while and it seems to be disagreeing with my skin at the mo.

echt Tue 06-Sep-11 20:04:29

The not wearing moisturiser at night because of wrinkles was in a book by the face exercise lady, Eva Fraser.

Karbea Tue 06-Sep-11 21:38:08

I've really struggled to find something to sort out my combination skin and elemis is really working for me.

millie19 Wed 07-Sep-11 20:37:39

Liz Earle cleanse & polish works a treat and esp at night my skin feels so soft and not at all tight that I don't feel the need for a night cream. Am a recent convert (4-5 months ago). Every now and again for a treat I'll use some Olay Regenerist 3 Point serum at night which smells amazing. But I use Clarins day lotion in a tall tube with SPF 30 and Dermalogica eye cream SPF 15 (don't think I never go in the sun - I love it! Just try and do something quick in the morning to keep myself looking the right side of 40!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now