Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a maternity dress for a September wedding?

(11 Posts)
mistressploppy Sun 04-Sep-11 13:09:02

I'm a tall pearshaped 16/18 and will be 21wks pregnant. I've ordered a couple of possibilities from ASOS but wondered if anyone had found any nice maternity dresses online recently?

My knees are a disgrace so not too short would be great. I'm pretty lumpy so not too clingy is also key grin

Thanks!

sazzermol Sun 04-Sep-11 13:13:38

Seraphine has some nice ones? I'll be watching this with interest as I have the same dilemma (28wks)

magicmelons Sun 04-Sep-11 13:13:54

Any of these? chloe dress is lovely.

magicmelons Sun 04-Sep-11 13:15:10

and the sienna dress is lovely on, i was at a ball not long a go and a wman was wearing it and getting lots of comments.

tethersend Sun 04-Sep-11 13:18:37

What's your budget?

IO

Matalan

Topshop

Asos

Tiffany rose

Tiffany rose

tethersend Sun 04-Sep-11 13:19:16

x post magicmelons- tis a lovely dress.

magicmelons Sun 04-Sep-11 13:24:28

I have a lace one from asos that's really similar and not too clingy you could add a piec of ribbon above the bump.

magicmelons Sun 04-Sep-11 13:25:41

this

mistressploppy Sun 04-Sep-11 13:36:39

Wow, thanks everyone!

Budget - under £150 preferably unless it's AMAZING.

I love those lace ones but worry that I'll look a bit...hefty blush

The clingy ruched ones make me similarly paranoid.

I've got 3 Tiffany Rose ones in a basket now - shall I just order loads and send back the ones that aren't right? Quite a few of the dresses are on pre-order so wouldn't arrive in time - a shame as that Sienna one is lovely, Magicmelons

I hadn't thought of Topshop or Matalan - off to have another look

magicmelons Sun 04-Sep-11 13:42:01

Get some maternity spanx, you'll be fine. Nobody expects you to be svelte in pregnancy and because they are double lined they are quite flattering.

mistressploppy Wed 07-Sep-11 13:00:48

In case anyone's still here wink, just popping in to say I found this on ASOS which I think might be perfect with a shrug or something!

But may also have ordered a load of stuff from Matalan and Seraphine that I didn't actually needed, thanks to you lot....grin

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now