Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I need coat help

(7 Posts)
LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 10:16:12

Am venturing into S&B which is not generally where I am to be found but hoping people can give me some ideas smile

I want a new coat. I am being given a donation to it for my birthday but my mum says she is not saying whether it is for a button, a sleeve or more grin. Don't want to spend loads but haven't had a new winter coat for a few years so can spend a bit. But for the moment I just want a few ideas so cost less important.

I am 5 foot 4 and quite slender. Pear shaped and generally size 8 at the top and 10 ish at the bottom.

I wear skirts and dresses mostly. So want something that goes over them. I tend to wear things either on or above the knee so want something not too short but doesn't need to be a really long coat.

I would like it to have a hood I think.

I don't want a puffa looking thing. They may be warm but they look like sleeping bags.

I quite like the idea of a duffle coat in a nice bright colour but open to all suggestions smile

tethersend Sun 04-Sep-11 10:33:35

££££

Here

Here

TBH, I think it's a bit early to be looking for the winter coat, as there will be a lot more hitting the shops in a month or so...

LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 10:38:13

Thank you smile I think the ££££ one is definitely too much ££££ but I like the other two.

I know it is a little early to do actual buying but am wanting to do a bit of research first before it is suddenly very cold and I realise there are only summer clothes in the shops grin

MatLeaveForever Sun 04-Sep-11 10:45:30

I've been looking on topshop.com this morning, they have a bright red duffle coat with good reviews:

Red duffle

I'm thinking of getting the beigey one

LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 11:03:49

That does look nice - pity you can only try it on in London though. Hard to tell how long it would be on me.

LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 11:04:22

That does look nice - pity you can only try it on in London though. Hard to tell how long it would be on me.

tethersend Sun 04-Sep-11 11:15:46

Bargain

Too short?

Here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: