Talk

Advanced search

I need coat help

(7 Posts)
LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 10:16:12

Am venturing into S&B which is not generally where I am to be found but hoping people can give me some ideas smile

I want a new coat. I am being given a donation to it for my birthday but my mum says she is not saying whether it is for a button, a sleeve or more grin. Don't want to spend loads but haven't had a new winter coat for a few years so can spend a bit. But for the moment I just want a few ideas so cost less important.

I am 5 foot 4 and quite slender. Pear shaped and generally size 8 at the top and 10 ish at the bottom.

I wear skirts and dresses mostly. So want something that goes over them. I tend to wear things either on or above the knee so want something not too short but doesn't need to be a really long coat.

I would like it to have a hood I think.

I don't want a puffa looking thing. They may be warm but they look like sleeping bags.

I quite like the idea of a duffle coat in a nice bright colour but open to all suggestions smile

tethersend Sun 04-Sep-11 10:33:35

££££

Here

Here

TBH, I think it's a bit early to be looking for the winter coat, as there will be a lot more hitting the shops in a month or so...

LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 10:38:13

Thank you smile I think the ££££ one is definitely too much ££££ but I like the other two.

I know it is a little early to do actual buying but am wanting to do a bit of research first before it is suddenly very cold and I realise there are only summer clothes in the shops grin

MatLeaveForever Sun 04-Sep-11 10:45:30

I've been looking on topshop.com this morning, they have a bright red duffle coat with good reviews:

Red duffle

I'm thinking of getting the beigey one

LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 11:03:49

That does look nice - pity you can only try it on in London though. Hard to tell how long it would be on me.

LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 11:04:22

That does look nice - pity you can only try it on in London though. Hard to tell how long it would be on me.

tethersend Sun 04-Sep-11 11:15:46

Bargain

Too short?

Here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now