Talk

Advanced search

Coast coat - black or caramel?

(13 Posts)
MatLeaveForever Sun 04-Sep-11 08:28:52

Was wondering if anyone can advise on the fitting of Coast coats, can't find any reviews online of this:

www.coast-stores.com/MERCY-COAT//-/fcp-product/2642340780

I'm quite short (5ft 2 on a good day) and worried it could swamp me. Am size 10-12.

And not sure whether to go with safe black or caramel!

HallnotOates Sun 04-Sep-11 08:50:56

Personal choice really

Paschaelina Sun 04-Sep-11 08:56:51

I love the caramel. I would think the model is tall so mid thigh on her means ?knee length for you.

MatLeaveForever Sun 04-Sep-11 09:01:15

Thanks Pasch. I think I'll order one online, can always return it if it's wrong.

And Hallnot, you could answer most threads on Style & Beauty with 'Personal choice'!

LydiaWickham Sun 04-Sep-11 09:04:09

I prefer the caramel, but you'll spend a lot of time dry cleaning it. It should hit round your knee, which will be fine, except if you often wear skirts it could be a difficult length, you need a coat to be either a lot shorter or longer than your skirt, if you just have a couple of inches of skirt poking out at the bottom it tends to look a bit scruffy.

It would, however, be a great 'dress up jeans' coat, and the lack of detail round the cuffs means that if you're like me and have short arms as well as short legs, you can get them altered relatively cheaply without spoiling the style. (I hate details round the cuffs of coats, it just means I can't buy them)

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sun 04-Sep-11 09:08:46

lovely coat, I would go red personally though! It might look a bit too big on you. (big collar but the belt might help not being swamped) can you go and try first?

MatLeaveForever Sun 04-Sep-11 10:08:51

Have now found some nice coats on the Topshop website, different style but may fit me better as Petite and also half the price of the Coast one! Wish I could afford to buy lots!

Topshop duffle

Just worked out how to do links properly!

ggirl Sun 04-Sep-11 10:50:38

I like both coats , the coast one in caramel is gorgeous.
I assume from your name you are not working atm so don't need a smart looking coat. The top shop one probably more practical and it has the same wool content so warm.

MatLeaveForever Sun 04-Sep-11 12:38:07

Well my name is wishful thinking, I am going back to work in a few weeks and am suddenly drawn to smart clothes (been living in jeans, t-shirts and flat boots all year!) And yes the Top Shop one is more practical, the Coast one doesn't even have a hood. I still like it though, maybe I'll get the Top Shop one and wait for the sales and get the Coast one then!

mirai Mon 05-Sep-11 05:35:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MatLeaveForever Wed 07-Sep-11 18:51:58

Coat update - I ordered the TopShop one in 2 sizes as looked more practical and cheaper than the Coast one. Neither size looked nice on and looked quite a scruffy style so have returned them.

But then I ordered the Coast one in caramel from john Lewis online as they are copying Debenhams discounts so got 20% off. Collected it today and love it! It's down to my knees but still looks ok (I think). Just maybe could do with shortening the sleeves a little. I recommend!

ggirl Wed 07-Sep-11 19:51:09

lucky you
it's a fab coat!

louiespence Wed 07-Sep-11 21:17:29

Wow, love this coat! Better start saving up!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now