Talk

Advanced search

Bikini waxing - what to ask for...

(5 Posts)
PeepToes Sat 03-Sep-11 22:33:40

Hi
Might have a hot date soon, and was wondering about the latest trends for hair removal in the bikini area?

I have normally had just a bikini line wax, suited me fine as I was in a long term relationship. But possible new man so was thinking of a Brazillian. Does that get rid of all hair front and back? Presumably you don't wear pants for the procedure either?

Not worried about pain, so what do I ask for?

Thanks!

RockChick1984 Sat 03-Sep-11 23:48:13

Brazilian gets rid of all front and back apart from a 'landing strip' down the middle, as narrow or as wide as you like (personally go for about 2cm wide). If you want all of it gone, that's a Hollywood. Never had that done, but for Brazilian I've always kept knickers on and just pulled them to the side as and when required, helps to get a straight line for hairs that aren't removed!

PrimaBallerina Sun 04-Sep-11 10:15:14

I took my knickers off for a Brazilian. I wouldn't have it all off, maybe save that one for when you are a bit more established in your relationship and it's something you both fancy.

It's nice to have a smooth undercarriage IMO blush so I like the Brazilian. I have my landing strip a bit shorter but wider - more like a little square than a strip.

He's not going to be too worried about you being on trend if he's getting to see your muff though! grin

CointreauVersial Sun 04-Sep-11 16:57:26

Can I ask a daft question?

The hairs that are left unwaxed - the "landing strip" - does it get a trim/haircut (like DH's eyebrows at the barbers) or is it left bushy?

wideawakenurse Sun 04-Sep-11 18:39:03

You can ask them to trim it if you like. Personally, I trim mine with a bikini shaver once I get home.

Also for a true Brazilian, you'll be asked to turn over onto your front and to spread your cheeks for that area to be waxed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now