Talk

Advanced search

help where do i get pratical breast feeding top for 40H size 18/20 boobs

(12 Posts)
ssmile Sat 03-Sep-11 20:42:39

Hi. BF DD2 who is 8dsys old. Want to go out n about and feel confident I can discreetly get out one of my vlarge boobs! With last DD4.5yrs ago I had couple normal short sleeved type t-shirts which had poppers all aalong the middle so I could easily feed. I've looked on net can't find anything this time to fit as jojomama large size is too small. Any ideas? With out too.costly.

Georgimama Sat 03-Sep-11 20:46:59

2 fairly loose vest tops. Pull one up the other down. Cheap as chips.

Hoto Sat 03-Sep-11 20:48:56

aye - agree with georgiemama. I found actual BFing tops were like trying to guide my nips through a maze of fabric to a keyhole-sized flap.

vigglewiggle Sat 03-Sep-11 20:57:46

I did something similar to georgi but just always wore one vest top under a loose fitting top. I pulled the loose top up and I pulled the front of the vest down and hooked it under my boob as I fed. Worked fabulously and I was GG at the time.

Good luck smile

Georgimama Sat 03-Sep-11 21:03:28

I would also recommend developing an attitude of not caring. The baby's head will hide your boob, honestly.

ssmile Sat 03-Sep-11 21:24:39

Thanks for the tips will go see if I can get couple of vest tops tom hopefully they still have them from summer stock should have stocked up last month when sales on.
I remember getting vblaize about it before but refinding my confidence again this time and still using shields so still feeling all fingers n thumbs.

SickOnMyShoulder Sat 03-Sep-11 22:47:37

I used one of these in the first few months, and it gave me the confidence to feed out of the house without worrying about fiddling with tops. Before I get slated on her for using a cover, my DD had colic and reflux and was much happier feeding in a quiet, dark place, i.e.- inside the cover, and I liked being able to watch her without the world watching my milk splurting everywhere whilst she calmed herself down. I know they are not for everyone, but if they help you to feed more confidently in public then I highly recommend them.

niccibabe Sat 03-Sep-11 23:57:22

Stay away from the mothercare breastfeeding tops - I ended up having to thread a whole K-cup boob through a slit at the armpit angry - showed loads more boob than the vest under a loose top method.

ssmile Sun 04-Sep-11 04:51:14

Ok thanks for tips

PrimaBallerina Sun 04-Sep-11 10:07:13

I wear something with a highish waist to cover my stomach and a long top, which I pull up. I wind a long muslin by the corner around the bra strap on the side I'm feeding from and find I'm adequately covered by the baby at the front and the muslin at the side.

ssmile Sun 04-Sep-11 16:45:02

Does anyone know where to buy the drop down clips used on vests &bras? I'm a handy sew person I might make myself something as well. I don't want to chop them off an old bra yet &only supplier I found so far is in usa so shipping was a problem.

KnitterInTheNW Sun 04-Sep-11 16:48:08

H&M! Look in the maternity section, I had loads of tops from there and was a similar size to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now