Talk

Advanced search

Colour Me Beautiful

(8 Posts)
Guaparesaca Sat 03-Sep-11 18:15:54

I'm taking the plunge in a couple of weeks and going for a 'CMB' style & image consultation, in the vain hope that I will be transformed into a stylish, attractive and confident woman !

Has anyone experience of one of these consultations ?

The woman who is doing mine sounded lovely on the phone, I have instructions on what sort of thing to bring from my current wardrobe, I so aspire to having a capsule wardrobe and do away with all the cheap tat that makes me look like mutton dressed as lamb (I am a couple of years away from hitting the big 4-0 but currently feel like I'm 64 blush)

About 4 years ago I did the colour analysis consultation and have absorbed and used most of the info gleaned. I hope this image one will prove to be as valuable and bloody good fun !

Please share if you can, I'd love to hear how it has changed you & your style.

isitmidnightalready Sun 04-Sep-11 03:23:25

bump and marking my place - I am fascinated by the subject.

isitmidnightalready Tue 06-Sep-11 23:04:42

Hmm - no takers - so it is just you and me that find this fascinating, Guap!

Ho hum.....

Cleverything Tue 06-Sep-11 23:10:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ColdSancerre Tue 06-Sep-11 23:15:29

I'm also intrigued by this, will look forward to reading both of your experiences if you wouldn't mind sharing.

twooter Wed 07-Sep-11 06:57:25

I've done the house of colour one - I'd be interested to know how similar they are. Mine was extremely helpful and very thought provoking.

mollycuddles Wed 07-Sep-11 07:05:22

I'm planning this for when I reach my target weight - 9 lbs to go! Very interested in how you get on.

LaLaLaLayla Wed 07-Sep-11 07:27:21

I did it and it really did change my life. No, really. Before the consultation my work wardrobe was mainly black suits and pale pink shirts. I always looked so drained and tired. When I got to the consultation, she placed a blush-coloured scarf under my chin and I was transformed. It was like my whole face came alive. She then placed a kind of turquoise green one under my chin and again, my whole face came alive. Then she took it away and I was left with my horrible black suit draining the colour of me. I never wear black now, only navy and charcoal for base colours. And everybody for months afterwards was telling me how well I looked.

Honestly, I am fairly cynical, but colours really can change you. Oh, and the make-up's good as well. Especially the foundation. It takes years off you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now