Talk

Advanced search

Do these shoes exist?

(11 Posts)
Aseaandthreestars Sat 03-Sep-11 15:37:20

I'd appreciate some advice from those who know about shoes.

I need a pair of black shoes for autumn/winter. They need to be flats, but with a bit of support, ie, cut low around the toes wouldn't work. I need to be able to rip out the insoles and put orthotics in, so they need to be fairly substantial (not substantial, oh, I'm so out of my depth here).

They are going to be worn with black tights (medium to proper opaque) and short skirts, so they can't be too clumpy or trainer-like.

They need to be able to cope with about five miles of pavement walking on work days.

I usually log onto the Clarks website, chose something that looks flat and not too ugly and reward myself with a sit down and a cup of tea - I'm not a happy shopper.

Any thoughts?

sloggies Sat 03-Sep-11 15:51:05

Saw some 'Mary Jane' style in Clarks recently, also Lands End do some, but can't vouch for the quality. Not sure if Clarks call them that, but they are fairly sensible,
open ish to the front, with a strap accross. I am quite old, so of course this may not be as trendy as you had in mind!

Aseaandthreestars Sat 03-Sep-11 15:57:33

Thanks for that. I would never have thought to look at Lands End, but they have some decent stuff.

Right, have book-marked Lands End, have got my Clarks already, only need a couple more then I will grit my teeth and get down to some shopping.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 03-Sep-11 16:04:56

these?

maybe not supportive enough?

patent

cheap but look nice

only in a size 6

clarks again

Aseaandthreestars Sat 03-Sep-11 16:14:24

Thanks Viva, there are some good possibilities there. Also, it's good to see that nice flat shoes are available in shops other than Clarks.

Going to put the Hush Puppies on my short list.

SaggyHairyArse Sat 03-Sep-11 16:22:02

Would womens brogues work for you:

www.jonesbootmaker.com/main/details/view_products_2/00130290B92/FRANKIE_4_BlackPatent

Aseaandthreestars Sat 03-Sep-11 16:30:19

Hadn't even thought of those, which might have been a mistake. The search is now widened to include brogue type shoes.

SaggyHairyArse Sat 03-Sep-11 16:39:18

I think a brogue would offer more support for what its worth...

Aseaandthreestars Sat 03-Sep-11 16:53:28

You're right. I don't know why I didn't think of them before. Probably because of the way I shop for shoes (see above).

LaGuerta Sat 03-Sep-11 17:12:03

I find shoon www.shoon.com good for this sort of shoe. They have a store near me but they do online too. Tried to find something to link to but not sure how dressy you need.

Aseaandthreestars Sat 03-Sep-11 18:56:45

Oh, there are some pretty shoes on that site.

I don't need anything too dressy - the walk is just the walk to work and back and it isn't a formal, dressy place when I get there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now