Talk

Advanced search

Skinny jeans for the short of leg?

(17 Posts)
dontrunwithscissors Sat 03-Sep-11 13:20:38

I need a 29" or 30" inside leg. love Oasis jeans, but they don't seem to make skinny jeans in a short leg. I've tried Next jeans, but they always seem to end up slipping down and wrinkling around the top of my thighs.

Any other suggestions, please, please, please?

MitchiestInge Sat 03-Sep-11 13:24:50

My legs aren't very long, 29" if am being generous (think I have an abnormally long torso though as am quite tall relative to leg length) and have found children's jeans, where sold by height, to be better - even the short leg versions of jeans are still too long to cram comfortably into boots I think

Top Shop Petite range do great skinny jeans for the short of leg!

diddl Sat 03-Sep-11 13:47:53

I bought some H&M Super Squin & lopped the bottom off & just tuck the end up.

I usually only tuck them into biker boots!

(I´m only 5ft btw so doubt if my leg measurement registers at all with adult jeans!)

Geordieminx Sat 03-Sep-11 14:04:21

I got sone really nice dark navy ones in new look last week think they were £20... Nice and thick material. 29"

MrsPlesWearsAFez Sat 03-Sep-11 14:17:06

Which Next ones did you try?

They do some high waist skinny jeans in their petite section - higher waist might stop slippage?

<off to google kids' jeans>

dontrunwithscissors Sat 03-Sep-11 14:23:16

Thanks for the suggestions.

I haven't tried the high waisted skinnies from Next, but I do have a pair of high waisted, slightly flared jeans and even those went baggy and ended up half way down my arse. They're OK if I wear them straight out of the wash, but within a couple of hours they're baggy again.

OllieinOrange Sat 03-Sep-11 14:32:22

Gap do skinny jeans with a 30inch leg - and there is a 20% code kicking around at the moment - enter PARTY at the checkout.

tak1ngchances Sat 03-Sep-11 22:55:29

Uniqlo will take jeans up on-site in the store. I got some black skinny ones there last week at 11 a.m. on a Saturday (so busy shopping day, busy shop assistants etc) and they called me at 3 p.m. to say they were ready. Happy days.

Clure Sun 04-Sep-11 00:13:05

I got some nice ones in a "short" length from river island (I'm 5'1) Also got some bargain £9 "short" length super skinnies from primark - choice of black indigo or normal blue

madhattershouse Sun 04-Sep-11 00:15:21

Don't bother with Next 5'3 and under, they are too long for me and i'm 5'3"!

louloubellamozzarella Sun 04-Sep-11 00:51:02

ASOS petite skinnies are good - but I always go a size up as they are a bit on the small size. They usually have a nice stetch to them too so v comfy.

louloubellamozzarella Sun 04-Sep-11 00:51:32

*stretch!

TigerseyeMum Sun 04-Sep-11 10:10:43

I have a pair from Tesco which cost £12 and they are the perfect length.

ShuckingFattered Sun 04-Sep-11 12:43:53

I am really short and the best skinnies I have are from topshop. They have some lovely raspberry ones online at the moment.

MegBusset Sun 04-Sep-11 12:53:36

New Look do 28" skinnies which I've found to be better quality than Topshop Baxters, and half the price.

sausagerolemodel Sun 04-Sep-11 22:11:11

Dotty P's do 29/30 length versions of their jeans and are doing a 2 for £25 offer at the moment. I treated myself to a pair of skinnies and a pair of bootlegs yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now