Talk

Advanced search

I need a new winter coat - are they in the shops yet?

(11 Posts)
GiganticusBottomus Sat 03-Sep-11 08:29:50

I'm large of nork, reasonable of waist and I need to be warmmmmmmmm. I would also like a colour not black. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Pinkflipflop Sat 03-Sep-11 08:52:47

Can't do links as I'm on my iPhone but I bought a gorgeous coat from monsoon thus week. It's a dark grey/pewter colour, comes to just above the knee and it's called Ellie, £120. Has a nice big hood although you think from the picture it hasn't got one! They have it in quite a few collies. I am a size 10 and I ordered the medium as I want to wear over layers! smile

PedigreeChump Sat 03-Sep-11 09:02:38

I went to the emporium of all things fashion, TK Maxx, this week, and they had a huuuuuge selection of autumn/winter coats of every kind you could imagine. I got a gorgeous grey wool duffle coat with a detachable hood, after moaning beforehand that I could never find any with hoods! Very pleased.

PuppyMonkey Sat 03-Sep-11 09:04:27

New Look and places of that ilk have all got their winter coats in. Bit jacket-y sone of them, but there's lots of choice.

Pinkflipflop Sat 03-Sep-11 09:08:28

blushblushblush I meant to say quite a few colours!! Stupid auto correct!! Anyway good luck finding a coat.

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Sat 03-Sep-11 09:16:22

pinkflipflop is this it: www.monsoon.co.uk/silver-long-ellie-puffa-coat/invt/99346709/&bklist=icat,5,shop,women,jacketswomenall,coatsmacs ?

Pinkflipflop Sat 03-Sep-11 09:34:21

Yes that's the one! It's just what I have been looking for and the ruffle detail around the edge is very cute! A little warm for now though so will have to wait a while before I can properly wear it gringrin

GiganticusBottomus Sat 03-Sep-11 10:14:54

Oh yes, that is lovely! Off to monsoon next week!

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Sat 03-Sep-11 10:15:43

Btw the way, did that on my iPhone! <show off>

FreeButtonBee Sat 03-Sep-11 10:23:09

i had one like that monsoon one from Zara two years ago; they seem to had them every year. It also had a belt which made it for me, as it defines you round the middle a bit more.

Pinkflipflop Sat 03-Sep-11 11:08:36

Please explain how you did that on iPhone? <uses scary teacher voice>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now