Talk

Advanced search

what kind of trousers are most flattering?

(6 Posts)
thisisyesterday Fri 02-Sep-11 23:22:29

for someone who is a size 14, with a flabby tummy. calves ok, but thighs could be smaller.

i normally wear jeans that come up high to cover up my tummy, but I want some non-jeans trousers and I just don't know what to look for.

chinos seem to be everywhere, but I think I will just look like a man in them?

PerryCombover Sat 03-Sep-11 00:37:42

I like these

waitingfornaru Sat 03-Sep-11 01:38:51

Same as me smile New Look have very flatteringly cut linen trews which fit very well on the rear (probably in the sales now all the winter stuff is in).

Here

Just wear an empire-line long top to cover belly, such as a white cheesecloth style vintage look top.

Like this?

Jeans are just not doing it for me lately, so given up altogether until I lose some weight.

Never tried palazzo pants or harem pants, I wonder?? hmm

Walnut8 Sat 03-Sep-11 03:27:32

the Gap ones. Or similar but in the straight leg style.

gregssausageroll Sat 03-Sep-11 06:53:29

I looked at the Gap ones but thought they were made of really cheap material. The sort that would may be go shiney after a while.

thisisyesterday Sat 03-Sep-11 10:16:04

i like the Gap ones, might see if I can find them in store somewhere and try them on.

waiting, I wore a lot of linen last year but it kept going baggy on the knee.... do you get that or do you think I just have giant knees?? it kindof annoyed me althogh I loved the trousers aside from that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now