Talk

Advanced search

Smart casual work outfits? Haven't a clue and do it all wrong

(4 Posts)
CurlyhairedAssassin Fri 02-Sep-11 22:57:27

I'm late 30's and could do with some examples of smart/casual work outfits. I work in a school (support staff) and need to be comfy but presentable. So no power suits and heels/serious officey stuff. I can do proper dressing smart on a night out or for job interview, and proper dressing down weekend type casual stuff cos have seen plenty of casual wear threads on here but I seriously have no idea of in-between work stuff so i usually stick to black boot cut trousers, boots and a top. I'm aware it's crap and boring but just can't seem to put that type of outfit together, never mind think of accessories.

Would White stuff type of, er.....stuff be suitable? Cant really afford that though. Where is Gok when you need him?!

Collision Fri 02-Sep-11 23:00:24

I work as a TA in school and basically wear lots of stuff from NEXT.

Not everyone's cup of tea but the trousers fit me well and I do lots of accessories not all at the same time! I like scarves and necklaces and earrings to change the outfit and wear comfy flat shoes.

Will find some links

CurlyhairedAssassin Sat 03-Sep-11 10:10:16

I don't mind Next stuff but actually find their trousers not very flattering on my bum, I have a flat shapeless bum and their trousers seem to fit tightly to my lack of arse and accentuate the fact that I'm no Jennifer Lopez, more Jarvis Cocker! grin

I have got quite a few of their tops though.

CountBapula Sat 03-Sep-11 10:29:47

I just got this Gap dress which I'm planning to wear with black leggings and suede ankle boots. It's gorgeous IRL, really soft and comfy, and looks quite expensive. 20% off at the moment with free delivery if you buy online with the code PARTY.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now